Newest Members
beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1, AustinChemist, wild_turky
12276 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 27 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
63168 Topics
441720 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#438475 - 06/17/13 05:13 PM Finding Allies
DRA Offline

Hi Guys,

I wanted to share a very touching and unexpected experience that I had today.

I am a part of my campus' student government and was having a meeting with a fellow representative to discuss the Men's Group I am working on putting together this year. I told him about my CSA. He told me about his.

I just wanted to remind you that we are all out there and we are not alone.

In recovery,

DRA
Strength in power is a false victory rooted in vapid grandiosity. Strength in character and integrity is the freedom to act righteously irrespective of the surrounding pressure. True power is the presence of mind to live with character and integrity.

#438480 - 06/17/13 05:49 PM Re: Finding Allies [Re: DRA]
takingitslow Offline

Loc: UK
I am also a university student. Granted I finish the degree in less than 1 week so will be job hunting soon. I've spoke to 5 students and like 7 university staff/ lecturers at university about my CSA, and the two times it wasn't intentional both of those people (1 guy 1 girl both students) then shared their CSA story. I don't know what drew me to talk about it at the time- I'm very spontaneous and talk about random things but it was like I just felt a connection with the people like subconscious and it felt right to talk about. Then as soon as I finished talking about it (I was sort of expecting maybe the conversation to nosedive) the other person just jumped into talking about their CSA experience and I feel it was mutually beneficial.

The most striking conversation/ lasting impression was when I spoke to my female human rights lecturer about my CSA, as it was crippling my performance to do assignments, and at the end she simply said "it does get better with time" and she made some reference to "you can find the right one." I must have gone into the frustration of my future outlook job hunting and finding an understanding girlfriend/ wife. Now the lecturer never said she had been abused but I just knew she had also experienced something which was unfair and damaging just by how she said that phrase, again it is like as survivors we just sense each other at times.

Dan.

#438482 - 06/17/13 05:58 PM Re: Finding Allies [Re: DRA]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/27/14 04:35 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.