Newest Members
Francis Xavier, JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish
12438 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
3 registered (Jacob S, lapchinj, 1 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12438 Members
74 Forums
63854 Topics
445856 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#438366 - 06/16/13 11:44 AM Fathers Day
Dave PNW Offline

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Fathers Day. Saw an article in the June edition of Men's Health magazine recently that had some good parenting advice for fathers. My father wasn't close to me, so I didn't learn those skills from him. Probably a common experience here.
See the Fatherhood section in this months edition, How To Be A Pop Star, lame title, but liked the content. Written by Steve Calechman. Age specific tips for both boys and girls. After reading it I felt okay about a lot of what I have done as a dad, have an 18 and a 24 year old boy and girl. Saw some things I wish I had thought of though. Not easy being a good parent, but its worth it. Anyway, happy Father's Day. Dave

#438410 - 06/17/13 12:00 AM Re: Fathers Day [Re: Dave PNW]
DavoSwim Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Iowa, USA
Dave,

I'm sorry that you couldn't have a better relationship with your Dad. A son't relationship with his dad sets the stage for so much. He is supposed to be the guy we learn to be men from. I had the greatest dad in the world. I feel very sorry for guys that don't have that kind of relationship with their fathers. I feel that because of my situation, I disappointed him, even though he never knew what happened. I did feel like men didn't let this happen to them. When I had a guy use me to show what men and women did and I was the girl ( without penetration) I felt most unmasculine. I believed the lie, only I didn't know it was a lie.

I never became a dad myself. I felt unworthy of being a father. I thought no one could look up to me if they knew my past. I also didn't know if I could protect my kids against the type of thing that happened. I know I missed out on one of the greatest experiences ever. There's no going back for me and I just have to accept it, but I sure am mad as hell at the perps. I am really happy for the guys that become dads, and become good dads because of their pasts.

Happy Father's day to all the dads out there. And being a real dad is more than just donating the sperm

DavO

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.