Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447714 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#438323 - 06/15/13 11:19 PM Remembering who I was
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Remembering who I was before the abuse seems to be becoming a very important thing for me right now.

I've been getting in touch with memories, and more importantly, feelings I used to have before the abuse started. Feelings of connection with my peers, unending trust and companionship with my neighborhood friends. Pre judgment, pre rejection, pre abuse. I loved and I was loved for simply being alive. I was valued simply because I was there.

To cherish those thoughts and memories and FEELINGS seems to be very important to me in these days. I wonder why?

#438398 - 06/16/13 10:24 PM Re: Remembering who I was [Re: Magellan]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Magellan
I loved and I was loved for simply being alive. I was valued simply because I was there.

With the risk of sounding grandiose, I'd say that sentence captures the essence of life. You have intrinsic value, we all do, and I also think that being able to feel also gives life intrinsic meaning as well. To answer your question, maybe they (thoughts, memories and feelings) are seeming important to you again because you're progressing in your recovery and you're starting to integrate pieces of you that were shattered by the abuse to feel whole again. I am glad you are remembering and feeling these positive things again - there are good people out there and with them they can be relived once more.

My Story

#438403 - 06/16/13 11:12 PM Re: Remembering who I was [Re: Magellan]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
...pre judgement, pre rejection, pre abuse. I hope these memories flood your heart with goodness. Seriously. And you are valued again here, Magellan. I read the post where you explained your screen name this evening. I thought it way to cool and full of positive symbolism. Life is one big journey of discovery. Cherish the memories as they come of your pre abusive life. It is that precious.

And I am jealous. The only memory I have of pre-abuse is being lead down that pathway to the outbuilding. When you have the chance, maybe you could share what it was like to play and love and be loved without the burdens. Continue to remember!

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.