Newest Members
Xr2, clt, Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung
12371 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
3 registered (irishguy, lapchinj, Mike26), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12371 Members
74 Forums
63592 Topics
444245 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#438273 - 06/15/13 12:33 PM The Web
Poorsoft Offline

I've been confronting my past and issues for six months now and I've been on MS for a good 3-4 months I'd say (which has been a god send!).

As of now, I'm doing good. A lot of people have commented that I look healthier, happier and just 'different' in a more positive sense. Knowing that you're not some sick twisted evil fuck really does help you're mental health, I must say.

However, this topic is not about my own personal recovery but the 'Web'. When I first started my recovery, the web small, a single thread with a tiny spider, confused and unsure. But now, the web has grown tremendously. The layers of lies and bullshit have been blown away and the web has flourished.

Everytime I tell a trusted close friend my story, a little light bulb seems to light up, and the web gets bigger.

Now I'm looking at a huge web, but the question is; am I the fly that got caught or am I the spider thats wound this monstrosity?

What about your web and your recovery?

#438296 - 06/15/13 06:05 PM Re: The Web [Re: Poorsoft]
toddop Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Hey Poorsoft,
I get what you are saying. It seems like the more we deal with, the more we learn, and it does seem to expand like a big web. Sometimes I feel like the spider and the fly depending on the day or time of day.

I have been redoing my timeline and incorporating some new memories that I have allowed myself to remember. And it feels like a big web at times that just keeps expanding.

But it does help you make more and more connections and "light bulbs" as you say. I have had some pretty painful A-Ha moments lately, but never would have uncovered them without the work and expanding my consciousness around these issues.

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
-Albert Einstein

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.