Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
rpalm06 (46)
Who's Online
4 registered (hike1972, SJC, dan_in_newengland, 1 invisible), 8 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63558 Topics
444061 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#438273 - 06/15/13 12:33 PM The Web
Poorsoft Offline

I've been confronting my past and issues for six months now and I've been on MS for a good 3-4 months I'd say (which has been a god send!).

As of now, I'm doing good. A lot of people have commented that I look healthier, happier and just 'different' in a more positive sense. Knowing that you're not some sick twisted evil fuck really does help you're mental health, I must say.

However, this topic is not about my own personal recovery but the 'Web'. When I first started my recovery, the web small, a single thread with a tiny spider, confused and unsure. But now, the web has grown tremendously. The layers of lies and bullshit have been blown away and the web has flourished.

Everytime I tell a trusted close friend my story, a little light bulb seems to light up, and the web gets bigger.

Now I'm looking at a huge web, but the question is; am I the fly that got caught or am I the spider thats wound this monstrosity?

What about your web and your recovery?

#438296 - 06/15/13 06:05 PM Re: The Web [Re: Poorsoft]
toddop Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Hey Poorsoft,
I get what you are saying. It seems like the more we deal with, the more we learn, and it does seem to expand like a big web. Sometimes I feel like the spider and the fly depending on the day or time of day.

I have been redoing my timeline and incorporating some new memories that I have allowed myself to remember. And it feels like a big web at times that just keeps expanding.

But it does help you make more and more connections and "light bulbs" as you say. I have had some pretty painful A-Ha moments lately, but never would have uncovered them without the work and expanding my consciousness around these issues.

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
-Albert Einstein

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.