Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (don64, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63375 Topics
443150 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#438292 - 06/15/13 05:09 PM Re: EMDR--Has anyone tried it? [Re: WriterKeith]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Jeff,
Your thoughts have me interested in reading more about EMDR and finding out exactly what is happening inside the mind when it is being administered..and during the after effects.

#438297 - 06/15/13 06:16 PM Re: EMDR--Has anyone tried it? [Re: WriterKeith]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
well Keith,

I will probably go and do EMDR since my T painted me into a corner. I am very nervous but as he said I was nervous to go to a shrink for meds, at one time I was nervous to tell my story and I was very nervous to sign up to go to a WoR in July, all of which I have now done. I wish I could be more at ease with doing EMDR but my whole story has been a battle with myself.

I've heard so many different stories but my T thinks it will help me tremendously and I do trust him in telling me the truth. But I'm definitely scared of being brought through my past, there are places in my past where I tried hard to die and was scared others would just dump me in the river. I'm afraid of going back there but it is scarier going forward without a map.

In a way I really don't want to end up like Bryan (LAD) which still sits on my head like an elephant. It's the funk of no return, one moment we're talking to him and the next we're mourning him.

The bottom line is that we have to try EMDR, it might not help but I'm hoping that I will be in a better place than where I'm at right now.

Peace, Rainbows, Love & Healing
Jeff

#438319 - 06/15/13 10:57 PM Re: EMDR--Has anyone tried it? [Re: WriterKeith]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: WriterKeith
By "painful," are you talking about emotions, or is the process somehow physically painful?

Emotionally painful.....not physically.
But he never betrays what he thinks.
Can you see the real me, doctor?.
The Who

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.