Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Jeremy (29), john22 (31), just starting (58)
Who's Online
2 registered (petercorbett, 1 invisible), 10 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64183 Topics
447873 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#437730 - 06/10/13 10:06 PM Anxiety of a T's appointment; do you feel the same
Vedder32 Offline

Loc: Kentucky,U..S.A
I've been attending therapy off an on for about seven years now. I've did the twice a week, once a week,every other week, and the once a month deal.

After a long layover such as today, I find myself comming out of the appointment feeling drained. I know I should focus on the positives and I do but the overwelming negativity of abuse sinks inn.

So my question is " Is it normal too feel such emotions after a long layover?"

I would like everyone too know that I combat my abuse through a verege of help. From Therapy,medication,family support,and most of all Malesurvivor.

I've said it before but I can't say it enough. I am truly blessed too have and be apart of Malesurvivor. It's made a positive impact on my life and most of all I know I am not alone.

#437763 - 06/11/13 08:57 AM Re: Anxiety of a T's appointment; do you feel the same [Re: Vedder32]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
We need to "sit" with the negatives for a time Vedder, like a runner in a marathon that approaches the "wall". It is a time of self doubt, physical pain and nausea, but we know we are going the right way and are in good company with those who support us in meeting our goals. For a while, we have to sit with the negatives, it builds our endurance, helping us to mature in our recovery to be able to find the good, the healthy, safe lifestyle that empowers us.

Then, when the recovery learning is complete in our personality and thinking, then we reap the benefits of those uncomfortable moments, secure in the knowledge that we can plot a course we can run to finish the marathon a winner!

Sam

#437780 - 06/11/13 11:50 AM Re: Anxiety of a T's appointment; do you feel the same [Re: Vedder32]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
My T appt is this afternoon. Ugh.

This T guy asks questions I never dreamed one would have the fortitude to ask- and I never dreamed I would answer so honestly and candidly... deals with the negative of the actual abuses and CSA and the resulting influences in life and sometimes we relive an actual instance, which is unbearably difficult. It is hard, Vidder. I fully understand.

As a result, I become anxious the day before, follows thru the day of, and then for a day or so after.

Thanks for your words, Sam. Not only did it help Vedder, but I also needed to read them as well. I look so forward to that day of full empowerment.

b

#437798 - 06/11/13 01:27 PM Re: Anxiety of a T's appointment; do you feel the same [Re: Vedder32]
OCN Offline

Loc: Western Europe
I must say i always seem to build up some stomach stress when driving towards therapy, but i've only started 2,5 months ago. So when we get to dig deeper as ThisMan is saying, i might be a little more tense.

In my case the whole experience has been strange and overwhelming, because for the first time in my life i was no longer trying to hold things back.. i couldnt anymore. So perhaps thats something which could make me tired.. And yet, i'm so happy for that fact.. that i can finally be true to myself again..

Sam.. what a beautiful analogy! Never knew i was running a marathon, but now i know that we will finish!

#437816 - 06/11/13 04:27 PM Re: Anxiety of a T's appointment; do you feel the same [Re: Vedder32]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/27/14 04:08 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.