Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
4 registered (md4e, dan_in_newengland, 2 invisible), 10 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63366 Topics
443084 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#437601 - 06/09/13 11:38 PM Suffering. ok
GoldStone Offline

Loc: Far East
today I had a small epiphany. Suffering is not my enemy.

I think of all the things I've done in my life good and bad to avoid suffering and its teaching. And now the accute pain of wanting to be understood and affirmed...

when my daughter cuts herself and we have to wash her wound, shes so scared of the pain. she runs away and there is no logic that can help her face it.

if I want to be an authentic person and fully awake and fully alive then I have to choose to stand with then whatever pain comes from within.

its hard and it makes me sweat but if I endure something fresh dawns within me.

Patience trust and Vulnerability. all these make me a better human being in the end.

I become loving. And lovable.

I can understand and affirm MYSELF, from bitter root to humble tender (splendid??) flower. I am one of a kind! <3 <3 <3 <3

Who knew?

Thank you to my friends here who help me see and face the pain of awakening.

OUCH!!

Edited by GoldStone (06/10/13 12:21 AM)

#437615 - 06/10/13 04:35 AM Re: Suffering. ok [Re: GoldStone]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hey Goldstone, good to see you posting and sharing your thoughts with us.
It is difficult sometimes to understand and go trough deep feelings like suffering, being vulnerable, fragile and similar.
It is no wonder that some of us have built coping mechanism to avoid such painfull emotions trough something that is commonly called as "unhealthy". Changing something that is in place for long time is additional difficulty but I know that there is way out.
As I've read in one book for survivors of abuse - "No one ever died of feeling". So we should learn to go trough it building our strength and confidence...

Pero

#437648 - 06/10/13 12:20 PM Re: Suffering. ok [Re: GoldStone]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/27/14 04:08 PM)

#437657 - 06/10/13 01:19 PM Re: Suffering. ok [Re: GoldStone]
OCN Offline

Loc: Western Europe
Thank you for sharing Goldstone!

One of the best days i've had since i found out about the abuse, was the day i totally accepted i was suffering and that everyone around me was suffering. I was walking around with the thought in my head: 'i'm suffering because i now know i was abused.. but you know what? i'm gonna go on anyway'

But sometimes you get overwhelmed by the thoughts or feelings.. it takes time and i must say that accepting your suffering is a good step, together with meditation (loving kindness, mindfulness, forgiveness)..

Thats what is so striking for me.. to realize that beyond all the pain and suffering, there is actually a lesson. If i'm willing to learn this lesson, i'll gain a lot of self-confidence and loving kindness for all who are suffering.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.