Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63803 Topics
445535 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#437239 - 06/07/13 11:19 AM Re: OUTRAGE**Trigger Warning** [Re: Jude]
cosmos Offline

Loc: Puget Sound
RustyJ I am sorry for your failed marriage, Iíve seen some ďnuclearĒ divorces in my time but you forget something here; it takes 2 to get married, it is 100% consensual, the exact opposite of what is the issue here! Iíve been together 28 years, ups down, and everything in between, but we both made a choice here, to spend our time together, to enjoy each otherís company forever, didnít you make the same choice?

None of us ever had a choice, in fact some of us battle with the demon that we enjoyed it, yes enjoyed being raped! Fucked up isnít it!

Sorry you made a bad choice, what choice did I have, tell me what, please tell any of us of we made a bad choice!

Chris

T. Paine

#437240 - 06/07/13 11:22 AM Re: OUTRAGE**Trigger Warning** [Re: Magellan]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Magellan
I stopped doing this 12 years ago when I realized what I was doing
You stopped - that would make you not a preditor in my book......

Kirkridge - October 2008
Alta - September 2012
Alta - September 2013

#437248 - 06/07/13 12:27 PM Re: OUTRAGE**Trigger Warning** [Re: Jude]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
my solution: stay out of chat.

War
Love
Poetry

#437250 - 06/07/13 12:47 PM - [Re: RustyJ]
exhale Offline
MaleSurvivor

-

Edited by exhale (06/07/13 01:48 PM)

#437251 - 06/07/13 12:56 PM Re: OUTRAGE**Trigger Warning** [Re: victor-victim]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Gents,

As I read through this thread, I understood what Magellan posted as evidence of what abuse does to our perception of relationships. I look back in the past on how I handled "friendships," and just hate the outcome. Abuse (and neglect) can leave a person with unfilled emotional needs the size of the Grand Canyon, nevermind the damage to the soul. Trying to form a friendship on these bases typically does not work out well, though admittedly I generalize a bit.

From a moderator perspective, if one feels they are being "hit on," targeted, approached inappropriately in chat, or otherwise awkward and debased, please report this the moderators. The list of moderators can be found here. Approach the moderators and the situation will be discussed as a team to determine the best course of action. Also, there is the Notify function at the bottom of a post. This may be used to notify the team as well. We will do our best to continue working towards safe chat and discussion board experiences.

Please refrain from further personal attacks in this thread. We are not here to "out" anyone, beat up on anyone or otherwise call someone out in public. Further personal attacks can result in action taken by the moderator team.

Edited by FormerTexan (06/07/13 01:10 PM)

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#437279 - 06/07/13 03:14 PM Re: OUTRAGE**Trigger Warning** [Re: Jude]
mattheal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
A

Edited by mattheal (09/20/13 09:26 PM)
that the worst is all behind you
And the waves that tossed the raft all night
have set you on dry land
- The Mountain Goats - "Never Quite Free"

#437286 - 06/07/13 04:15 PM Re: OUTRAGE**Trigger Warning** [Re: mattheal]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: mattheal
In the middle of this sharing, out of nowhere like a slap in the face, the individual told me he reads "my stories" - fantasizes he is the victim, and pleasures himself.
Matt,

Its hard to imagine someone making that statement "out of nowhere" just to get it off his chest. Telling you that the story of your childhood rape turns him on seems off the chart. Whatever his motive, I think if it made you uncomfortable, you certainly have the right to say STOP! and do what you need to to feel safe, without feeling guilty about it.

Jude
I get a little bit closer to feeling fine.
Sheryl Crow

#437288 - 06/07/13 04:31 PM Re: OUTRAGE**Trigger Warning** [Re: Jude]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Hey,

When I started this thread, my intention was to break the silence around this issue of inappropriate, and predatory sexual behavior on this site. I had a hunch that this was fairly commonplace, and sadly that seems to be the case. I hope that those who have been acting out in this way will get the message and stop, or leave if they don't want to stop. Everyone of us is responsible for his own behavior, and his own boundaries. None of us deserves to have to relive our childhood sexual abuse experience here, or anywhere else.

I did NOT intend to set myself up as the "go to" person on this issue. Please feel free to share your experience here, but please DO take it to the moderators/administrators for resolution. MS has been an invaluable resource to me in recovery. I want it to be a safe and healing place for all. I know that by working together, we can assure that to be the case.

Jude
I get a little bit closer to feeling fine.
Sheryl Crow

#437289 - 06/07/13 04:37 PM Re: OUTRAGE**Trigger Warning** [Re: Jude]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
hey jude!

thank you for being brave about this.

you did the right thing by pointing it out and leading the way.

oh, by the way...
this is for you...
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=437193#Post437193
enjoy!

War
Love
Poetry

#437314 - 06/07/13 06:18 PM Re: OUTRAGE**Trigger Warning** [Re: Jude]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/27/14 04:03 PM)

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.