Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
corvairman1 (43), marianne (44), son (35), speedy (31)
Who's Online
4 registered (4 invisible), 77 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62521 Topics
438147 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#437211 - 06/07/13 08:01 AM So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
MS was very helpful to me...until it wasn't.
Good luck to you all on this journey.
There's no single person or incident, but I'm taking a break.

"It's easier to leave than to be left behind."
---Michael Stipe/R.E.M. "Leaving New York"

Will

My Story: Cruel Summer

#437212 - 06/07/13 08:04 AM Re: So long, thanks for all the fish. [Re: Suwanee]
peroperic2009 Online   content
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hey Will, good luck to you!
I wish you all the best and please when and if you would feel good about it, come back and check us here wink

Igor aka Pero

#437213 - 06/07/13 08:12 AM Re: So long, thanks for all the fish. [Re: Suwanee]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Will. At times I felt I related to, and looked up to, your ways of recovering and dealing with CSA more than anyone else on here. I will miss your contributions. I know you're doing what's best for you; I hope you come back, but if you don't, I wish you every bit of success and happiness.
The ratio of good to bad people in this world will always be tipped in favor of the latter. Always. But that ratio in your own social circle, you can control. And there, and only there, can the balance be favorably tipped, so that those who love you far outnumber those who don't.

#437215 - 06/07/13 08:28 AM Re: So long, thanks for all the fish. [Re: Suwanee]
StrugglingGuy Offline

Loc: Canada
Suwanee.. I am also leaving MS. I find its not being productive or healthy for me an any way. I will say that I have chatted with some pretty amazing individuals on here.. you being #1. Please reconsider your leaving and the role you play here for others. For me, I feel I don't provide a supportive role to anyone so I am going to delete my Profile.

Thanks again for the honest and insightful advice you've given me.

Keep in touch..

Rich

Edited by ModTeam (06/07/13 09:39 AM)
Edit Reason: removed personal contact

#437217 - 06/07/13 08:38 AM Re: So long, thanks for all the fish. [Re: StrugglingGuy]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi my fraternal brothers,

To my brothers here whom are moving on in their recovery process.

I offer you this not only my compassion, understanding & hope for the rest of your personal journey.

An Irish wish, on your farewell.

May you always have..A sunbeam to warm you.
Good Luck to charm you.
And a sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you.
Laughter to cheer you.
Faithful friends near you.
And whenever you pray,
Heaven to hear you.

Farewell, my brothers, I wish you well on life's journey.

"I will take that lost boys hand, and I will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunshine, forever into eternity." As he is me.

Pete..Irishmoose.
May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#437223 - 06/07/13 09:32 AM Re: So long, thanks for all the fish. [Re: Suwanee]
Jwmcd2 Offline
MaleSurvivor

well... crap. I'll miss you.

#437227 - 06/07/13 10:18 AM Re: So long, thanks for all the fish. [Re: Suwanee]
Shyshark Offline

Loc: Canada
Hi Suwanee ... and StrugglingGuy ...

I can relate to your frustrations ... I have my own.
I have been here for 10 months now and within this time I have gotten into trouble twice ...
over the most ridiculous things ... and been viciously attacked by 2 individuals for the simple reason that they are mean and stupid and ignorant ... and angry.
It was my view that the last time was the last time.
I felt shackled and repressed ... unable to be myself.
Honestly ... MS has lost much of it's appeal for me.
I no longer feel fulfilled or productive.
I only stayed because I realized that leaving would hardly make a difference to anyone ... except to me ...
and perhaps to a very small number of members here that I have come to cherish.
I haven't 'cherished' anybody in years!

Don't burn any bridges.

Leaving and deleting my account would have severed a lifeline in time of need.
Such as it is ... MS is still a great place.
I just don't participate much anymore.

But it's right here ... at my fingertips ... if I feel like paying a visit

... or need to.

Whatever you decide gentlemen ...
Be well ...

Shyshark.

#437230 - 06/07/13 10:40 AM Re: So long, thanks for all the fish. [Re: Suwanee]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Will,

You have been a help, inspiration, and comfort to many... myself included. I'll really miss you but hope this is a sign this resource isn't as thoroughly needed as it once was.

StrugglingGuy, I hate to think you're being driven off... wherever you end up, heal well.

Matt

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#437231 - 06/07/13 10:47 AM Re: So long, thanks for all the fish. [Re: Suwanee]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I will miss you both more than either of you may imagine.
I wish you peace in your travels, and a hope for reaching the other side of the recovery maze.

Take care gentle men.

Kirkridge - October 2008
Alta - September 2012
Alta - September 2013

#437233 - 06/07/13 10:58 AM Re: So long, thanks for all the fish. [Re: Suwanee]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Will,

I hope you take this time to evaluate how to use the tools you have to find recovery. I have left a couple of times, myself, and came back. I have come to realize that MS is an invaluable tool.

To me, MS has taken on many faces over the 2.5 years I've been here. I exploded with newfound hope when I got here, and then was surprised and overtaken by periods of self discovery. And then there are the other aspects of MS: The site is littered with a lot of very hurt people with various stages of "shields up!" mentality. I have gotten creeped out about that, and I've taken personal offense to it, too.

I take MS with a grain of salt now. "Take what I like, and leave the rest". I suppose that translates into not having any close relationships with anyone here. When Bryan died, I was surprised at the outpouring of comments about how much PM'ing is going on between each other. I'm surprised at apparently how close people are getting to each other in PM (and in chat?)

I stopped participating in chat because of the nature of chat. I don't think the real time anonymity of chat is a safe environment to participate in. a lot of wounded and confused souls trying to banter and be open with each other in an anonymous fashion is just asking for misunderstanding and conflict.

Anyways, I hope that you take a different perspective about MS. It has a wonderful aspect; not only for discovering that I"m truly not alone in my life-dilemma of recovering from abuse, but that I can talk to and interact with other survivors. And I get to see what makes them tick, how the abuse affected them, and how they are handling it. That information is invaluable in providing me new perspectives I otherwise would never get.

MS is a powerful tool for me. While I don't have any close friendships here (which I have recently expressed disappointment over), I do gain enormous insight just as a virtue of being here, reading, and interacting with you.

Speaking of you - I do hope you stay, personally. I enjoy reading your insightful posts. You're a real asset to the MS people; many of them gaining insights about themselves by virtue of the fact that you are here.

But I understand if you need to depart. Who is to judge what is needed most for another person to find recovery? All I hope is that if you do leave, may you find your recovery! Godspeed.

D

-- I must remind myself that sugar is my enemy. I can't control my sugar consumption and sugar makes me mentally unstable. I'm reminding myself (because I forgot again).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.