Newest Members
MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two, VASurvivor
12331 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
4 registered (Shyshark, pufferfish, VASurvivor, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12331 Members
74 Forums
63408 Topics
443325 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#437096 - 06/06/13 12:17 PM Child Sexual Abuse Is Like a Jigsaw Puzzle
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I saw this posted on another site. I thought it to be quite meaningful

Childhood sexual abuse is like a thousand piece jigsaw puzzle being tossed up into a wind storm. Trying to put it back together is impossible. Your abuser puts pieces in the wrong places and hides the right pieces. Others pick up pieces and throw them away, knowing how important they are, But just don't care. So a child's begins their lives not learning the things other children have. They never understand why they feel so different . Many confuse love and sex as the same. They live their lives trying to please others, no matter how it hurts or makes them feel. Usually finding someone just like their abuser, or someone that takes their kindness for a weakness. Than one day the memories come flooding back. In memories , a touch or smell, a bad dream, new abuse, words. Then they relive the abuse all over again.

Edited by KMCINVA (06/06/13 09:09 PM)

#437097 - 06/06/13 12:31 PM Re: Child Sexual Abuse Is Like a Jigsaw Puzzle [Re: KMCINVA]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
sad but true

War
Love
Poetry

#437103 - 06/06/13 01:21 PM Re: Child Sexual Abuse Is Like a Jigsaw Puzzle [Re: KMCINVA]
DavoSwim Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Iowa, USA
This describes my day yesterday. Forty years ago it happened and yesterday it was as fresh as the day it happened. It's frustrating and discouraging when the memories reappear and I haven't discovered how to process it all and be able to push the memories back in where they won't be as damaging.

DavO

#437105 - 06/06/13 01:42 PM Re: Child Sexual Abuse Is Like a Jigsaw Puzzle [Re: KMCINVA]
COSC Offline

Loc: UK
Yep, all too true

#437115 - 06/06/13 04:00 PM Re: Child Sexual Abuse Is Like a Jigsaw Puzzle [Re: KMCINVA]
Farmer Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
Great analogy.

#437126 - 06/06/13 06:04 PM Re: Child Sexual Abuse Is Like a Jigsaw Puzzle [Re: KMCINVA]
Poorsoft Offline

HOLY SHIT!

I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR YEARS!

Infact, in my first therapy session I described my life as a jigsaw puzzle, I can see the borders and some details are complete, but there is so much scrambled and missing.

I'm slowly putting my 100,000,000,000 piece jigsaw back together again though.

Thanks for sharing.

#437129 - 06/06/13 06:20 PM Re: Child Sexual Abuse Is Like a Jigsaw Puzzle [Re: KMCINVA]
trytry Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Wisconsin
Exactly, that's how I try to explain it too, I've had all these random pieces (social anxiety, anger, being "distant", as just a few examples) but you can't begin to fit any of them together without knowing the source of them.

#437142 - 06/06/13 07:11 PM Re: Child Sexual Abuse Is Like a Jigsaw Puzzle [Re: KMCINVA]
ava_adore Offline

Loc: London UK
Originally Posted By: KMCINVA
They live their lives trying to please others, no matter how it hurts or makes them feel. Usually finding someone just like their abuser, or someone that takes their kindness for a weakness. Than one day the memories come flooding back. In memories , a touch or smell, a bad dream. Then they relive the abuse all over again.

Thank you for sharing this. Made me think. Though I like the Jigsaw analogy, I found the ending resonated most powerfully with me. Pretty much sums up my life story.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.