Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
1 registered (truestory), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63185 Topics
441809 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#437062 - 06/06/13 05:21 AM A Sheep In Wolf's Clothing
si Offline

Loc: Utah
As men, we need to hold our own, stand up for ourselves, be the bad ass and show that we aren't anything to mess with. Basically, we need to act like we're a part of the Wu Tang Clan, and that we will bring the Ruckus if need be. However, how much of this stems from fear of others? As CSA survivors, are we more prone to act defensive, and be quicker to anger? Are we so afraid that someone might violate us again, in such a humiliating manner, and in a place where our manhood stems from, that we act like we just don't care, and will act reckless towards potential threats?

The reason why I label this post as Sheep In Wolf's Clothing, because it seems that a lot of CSA survivors follow this trend, of being reckless and dangerous, like they're trying to prove something to themselves, or others around them. However, this doesn't seem to make them a wolf, because to me, a wolf is a leader who makes their own path in life, and doesn't let anything make their decisions for them. It seems that people who act recklessly and dangerously think that they're in control of their lives, but this is just Wolf's clothing that they put on, and they're afraid to take it off, because it exposes them as a sheep, a sheep that someone could violate, again.

Just in deep thought, and thought that I would think out loud about behavior of people who act so dangerously.

#437065 - 06/06/13 05:57 AM Re: A Sheep In Wolf's Clothing [Re: si]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
well written.
you just described my previous personality.

DANGERMAN

cool are you not impressed with my reckless behaviour?

War
Love
Poetry

#437066 - 06/06/13 07:12 AM Re: A Sheep In Wolf's Clothing [Re: si]
COSC Offline

Loc: UK
yeah, pretty much how was/I'm or what I'm trying to break free from - my personae non gratae

Edited by Unknown1 (06/06/13 07:14 AM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.