Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
6 registered (atari_kid86, Obi, john22, 3 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63808 Topics
445555 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#436542 - 06/02/13 03:08 AM Demons
GoldStone Offline

Loc: Far East
This is a response to the introductory post by Confuzzed, but I think it also belongs here. Blessings.

I joined this site about 4 days ago, so I'm no expert in the topic but I want to convey a perspective that I haven't seen covered well here, which I think is a very real and important dimension of the cycles we are caught up in. Its important because in the effort to ascribe 'blame' or 'good' and 'evil' to a person (the perp), we are missing the target, which in this case happens to be an invisible moving one...so its hard to hit. The target is demonic in nature.

Let me start by saying I am a little bit spiritually open. I am aware of the spirit world's existence and have seen how it plays into our motives, actions, emotions, and thoughts. I've seen how demons look in spirit world and I know about their special interest in sexual affairs, because illicit sexual behavior is their best shot at creating a landing pad for themselves in the physical world...one that will multiply generationally. They have been at it, perfecting their poisonous delivery system for millenia and they are experts. So the dad, uncle, older brother...they are puppets of a much more aggressive and powerful masters of darkness and pain.

Any attempt to ascribe full blame to the puppet
is going to come up feeling thin and untenable.

My second point is this ...the fact that there are demonic entities behind the perp is easy to fathom...but in the extended sexual relationship, demons begin to work also through the heart, mind, and body of the victim causing intense longing, fear, lonliness, rage, and addiction.

These two types of demons have been having this long raging dance throughout history, using humans as their puppets.

Even though I'm not this great religious person, I strongly believe in intervention as one piece of the healing puzzle. Extricating ourselves from the puppet strings is sacred work. And for some it can happen instantaneously given the right conditions. We shouldn't rely only on spiritual power to save ourselves, but it is a component that should not be overlooked.

In the end these demons are a sad and bankrupt lot, with no place to call home...so while they are fearsome and corrupt, and experts in the field of sexual manipulation, they are also pitiful and unworthy of our genitals, which represent the hope of God and humanity. The door to our salvation, and theirs, will never open until we learn to say no, once and for all.

Finally, I want to thank the OP for this revealing account, which has helped me gain perspective on the nature of my own deceptive longings, and on the source of my pain and salvation.

I expect that from here on in, the great work of religion/spirituality has to be able to address and uproot this heinous system of human slavery, fully and completely... for the most part it has failed thus far.

Edited by GoldStone (06/02/13 03:13 AM)

#436592 - 06/02/13 03:00 PM Re: Demons [Re: GoldStone]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
things immediately started getting better for me as soon as i recognized the existence of demons.

everything in this world makes sense from a spiritual perspective.

there is right and wrong.
there is a moral absolute.
there is good and bad.

the bible is a user manual for life.
it is a subjective spiritual science, with predictable results.

and yet all these thoughts are considered insanity or stupidity by the average human.

all i know is that it works.
nothing else has.

War
Love
Poetry

#436668 - 06/03/13 12:34 PM Re: Demons [Re: GoldStone]
txb Offline

I missed where you originally posted this, so maybe I'm completely off track, but this I disagree with,

Originally Posted By: GoldStone

Any attempt to ascribe full blame to the puppet
is going to come up feeling thin and untenable.

Unless it's a young kid that's been abused and is acting it out on someone else, or someone who has some kind of brain defect and doesn't know right from wrong, people have a choice. I understand that some people are for whatever reason, attracted to children, and if was caused by some other evil being, nothing to do with the person - they still have a choice whether or not to act on it. Whether or not to listen to what they are being told. This kind of stuff needs lots of planning because they don't want to get caught. The fact they don't want to get caught says they know what they are doing is wrong. They could have chosen not to. They could have chosen to get help. Some kind of medical/psychological help or spiritual help. I will always fully ascribe the blame to the people who abused me because that's where it belongs. I'm not giving them the convenient excuse of "demons made me do it".

#436760 - 06/03/13 11:07 PM Re: Demons [Re: GoldStone]
GoldStone Offline

Loc: Far East
sorry it should have read “ascribe blame to the puppet ALONE... The perpetrators family inheritance is also to blame ...

But you are correct that we should never feel that we have no choice in the matter... no matter how small that choice might seem

Thank you for your comments TXB I really get what you're saying. It makes a lot of sense.

I'm sorry to anyone who might feel that I'm trying to excuse anybody for anything or to use theology to avoid responsibility.

It is my opinion that in so many cases religion just compounds the neurosis we all have ....

anyway We all bring so many assumptions to the table about religion and spirituality and it's really hard to talk about it. And I'm not sure that it's really all that relevant except in very specific areas of healing.

thanks again

#436864 - 06/04/13 04:36 PM Re: Demons [Re: GoldStone]
victor-victim Offline

Although the English word “demon” does not appear in the KJV translation of the Bible, it’s Greek origin “daimon” is found numerous times in the original manuscripts.

In the New Testament, the Greek noun “daimon” is translated devils or a devil five times. The neuter noun “daimonion” is translated devil or devils fifty-nine times. The Greek verb “daimonizomai” occurs thirteen times and means to be possessed of a demon, to act under the control of an evil spirit.

Every time you find the word “devils” in the KJV New Testament, it is translated from one of these Greek words. The words demon, devils, and evil spirits can be substituted for one another, as they all refer to a demonic or evil spirit that operates to torment and/or possesses human beings.

Satan is called the prince of devils (“daimonion”) in Matthew 9:34. Matthew 12:24 says, “... Beelzebub the prince of the devils (“daimonion”).”

There is only one “devil” (called Lucifer, Satan, Beelzebub); but there are many demons, who are roaming the earth to harass and intimidate human beings in many different ways.

Demons can afflict human beings with bodily disease as in Luke 13:11,16 “...a woman which had a spirit of infirmity....whom Satan hath bound...”. Luke 8:2 talks about, “...women which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils (“daimonion”).”

Demons can also possess humans and cause them to behave in irrational and strange ways as in Luke 8:27,29 “...a certain man which had devils (“daimonion” - to be possessed of a demon).... and ware no clothes, neither abode in any house, but in tombs....he was kept bound with chains and in fetters... and was driven of the devil (“daimon”) into the wilderness.”.

The Bible also teaches that demons differ in the degree of wickedness they inflict on men (Matthew 12:45 “...he taketh seven other spirits more wicked than himself...”).

They instigate people to make war against Christ in the last days (Rev. 16:14 “...spirits of devils (“daimon”), working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.”).

Demons believe there is a God and tremble in His presence (James 2:19 “Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well; the devils (“daimonion”) also believe, and tremble”).

Regardless of their powers or influence, believer’s must never be afraid of or controlled by demons or evil spirits. In Mark 16:17, Jesus told us, “And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils (“daimonion”)...” Through the Name of Jesus, we have more power over demons than they have over us.

The nature and habits of demon spirits -

The books of Luke and Matthew both record an encounter that Jesus had with a man that was bound by a demon, then continues with Jesus’ teaching on the habits and nature of “unclean” spirits.

Luke 11:14 tells us that Jesus met a man that was dumb (“kophos” - blunted in tongue and hearing, speechless and/or deaf). “And He was casting out a devil (“daimonion”), and it was dumb. And it came to pass, when the devil was gone out, the dumb spake; and the people wondered.” This man’s physical impairment was not caused by a natural phenomenon, but by the presence of a demon.

The next verse says, “But some of them said, He casteth out devils through Beelzebub the chief of the devils.” The Greek noun “Beelzeboul” is an ancient Chaldean or Babylonian name for satan, found only in the Gospels.

Jesus answered them in Luke 11:20-22, “But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.” Every member of the Kingdom of God has the power and authority to cast out devils in the Name of Jesus.

Then, still talking about “demons”, Jesus expounds further in Luke 11:24, “When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.” Jesus taught that once the devil has been cast out, he will eventually try to re-enter that same person.

Notice that Jesus now calls the “demon” an “unclean spirit”; both words represent the same spiritual entity and are used interchangeably in the New Testament. The word “unclean” is translated from the Greek “akathartos” and means morally unclean, filthy, or foul. It occurs thirty times in the New Testament. In the Gospels and the book of Revelation it occurs twenty-two times and always refers to unclean spirits or demons.

These unclean spirits are looking for a house, a physical body, to manifest themselves in our physical world. Jesus said they wander through dry places (“anydros” - without water) in a restless and troubled condition, looking for someone who will allow them to manifest themselves through.

Jude 1:10-13 uses the word “anydros” when it speaks of “waterless clouds” and labels them brute beasts, carried about of winds, “...without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots”, and “...wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.” Using the aorist tense, Jude writes that they shall be plucked up from the roots and cast into outer darkness; God will exterminate them from the earth.

Jesus continued His teaching on evil spirits and said that after a demon has been cast out he will attempt to re-enter that person. Luke 11:25 says, “And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished.” Matthew 12:44 adds, “...when he is come, he findeth it empty (“scholazo” - to be at leisure, vacant, empty), swept and garnished.” In other words, after the demons are cast out, if that person does not fill his life with God or renew his mind to the Word, he will be vulnerable to the same demonic influence that once controlled his life.

Luke 11:26 says, “Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first.”

Casting out evil spirits -

Let us now examine the verse’s I skipped over in the previous story, where Jesus gave detailed information about the tactics demon’s use to possess their host, and how we cast them out.

Comparing the demon to an armed strong man, Jesus said in Luke 11:21, “When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace.” The evil spirit is armed (“kathoplizo” - furnished with arms or weapons), equipped with what is needed for effective action. Through these satanic weapons, the evil spirit keepeth (lit: to guard or keep watch) his palace (“heautou” - a reflexive pronoun that means himself or themselves). If you neutralize the devil’s weapons, then you can dislodge him from his prey.

Luke 11:22 continues, “But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour (“panoplia” - armour) wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils (“skylon” - the weapons and valuables stripped off an enemy).”

What is the armour that we must take from him? Ephesians 6:13-17 tells us that the believer’s armour consists of a helmet of salvation, a breastplate of righteousness, a shield of faith, the sword of God’s Word, truth protecting our loins, and the gospel of peace around our feet. The armour that demons use to control their prey is the exact opposite of God’s armour. They use thoughts of unrighteousness and condemnation, doubt and unbelief, lies and deception to confuse their prey and keep them under satanic control.

The same story in Matthew 12:29 says, “...how can one enter into a strong man’s house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? And then he will spoil his house.”

In this verse, both uses of the word “spoil” is translated from the Greek “diarpazo” and means to thoroughly seize and plunder. It comes from the Greek root “harpazo” which means to seize, to take by force, to pull up. “Harpazo” is used in Matthew 11:12, “...the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force (“harpazo”).”

The spirit world is a violent place; and believers must take it by force. Psalms 115:16 says, “The heaven, even the heavens, are the Lord’s; but the earth hath He given to the children of men.” The Will of God is not automatically performed on the earth. It must be enforced, prayed through, and released on the earth by men and women that possess a strong faith in the power of God.

The word “goods” is the Greek “skeuso” and means a vessel, implement, equipment or apparatus. In other words, we are to plunder and seize the equipment or apparatus that the demon is using to possess a person.

To accomplish this task, Jesus said that we must “first” bind the strong man (the demon), and then we can spoil his house. The word “bind” is the Greek “deo” which means to bind, to fasten up, to forbid or prohibit; and is used to describe the prayer of binding and loosing.

Jesus said, before we can loose or set the captive person free, we must” first” bind the strong man (the demon) that is keeping them captive.

“Deo” is also used in Matthew 16:19, where Jesus said, “And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven (“ouranos” - the dwelling place of God, as well as the spirit realm); and whatsoever thou shalt bind (“deo”) on earth shall be bound (“deo”) in heaven (“ouranos”); and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven (“ouranos”).”

Keys are a symbol of the authority that Christ has given to the Body of Christ; they lock and unlock, they bind and loose. Jesus said that He has given the church authority to bind and loose on the earth what has already been bound and loosed in the spirit realm.

The Concordant Literal New Testament give us a literal translation of this verse, “...I will be giving you the keys of the kingdom of the heavens, and whatsoever you should be binding on the earth shall be those things having been bound in the heavens, and whatsoever you should be loosing on the earth shall be those having been loosed in the heavens.”

In other words, what Christ has already bound or loosed in the spirit realm is what we have been authorized to bind or loose in the natural realm (on the earth).

Phillips translation says, “...whatever you forbid on earth will be what is forbidden in heaven, and whatever you permit on earth will be what is permitted in heaven.”

The Phillips translation goes on to makes this comment: There is a very curious Greek construction here, a simple future tense followed by the perfect participle passive... the force of these sayings is that Jesus true disciples will be so led the Spirit that they will be following the heavenly pattern. In other words, what they forbid or permit on earth will be consonant with the Divine rules (i.e. God’s Will).

What we bind or loose on earth, must agree with those things that have already been bound or loosed in the heavens (“ouranos” - the spirit realm).

Jesus said in Luke 10:19, “Behold, I give unto you power (“exousia” - authority) to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power (“dunamis” - strength, power, ability) of the enemy...” The Body of Christ has been given the authority to break the devil’s power and to deliver anyone that has been bound by demons.

In Mark 16:17, Jesus told us, “And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils (“daimonion”)...” The Name of Jesus gives us the authority to cast out (“ekballo” - to eject, drive out, expel, send away) evil spirits.

Philippians 2:10 in the Concordant Literal New Testament says, “God highly exalts Him (Jesus), and graces Him with the name that is above every name; that in the name of Jesus, every knee should be bowing, celestial and terrestrial and subterranean...”

Idolatry and soothsaying -

Demons are the spiritual agents acting behind the scene in every form of idolatry and soothsaying. The idol or image is nothing, but the devil or evil spirit that is associated with that idol is what gives it meaning. In I Corinthians 10:19,20 the Apostle Paul wrote that neither the idol nor it’s sacrifice means anything. However, when you pay homage or sacrifice to an idol, you are actually offering sacrifice and worship to the devils it represents.

In Acts 16:16, the Apostle Paul was confronted with a woman who was possessed of a demon, “And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying.”

“Soothsaying” is defined as the practice of foretelling events, and is translated from the Greek “manteuomai” which means to act as a seer, to prophesy. It comes from the root “mainomai” which means to rave, to be mad; referring to one who speaks and seems not to be in his right mind. Vine’s dictionary says that it represents the fury displayed by those who were possessed by an evil spirit while delivering their oracular messages.

This damsel was possessed with a spirit of “divination”, which is translated from the Greek “python”. In Greek mythology, “python” was the name given to the serpent who guarded the oracle of Delphi and was slain by Apollo.

After many days, the Apostle Paul cast the devil out of this woman and delivered her. Acts 16:18 says, “...Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.” She was instantly delivered when Paul spoke over her in the Name of Jesus Christ.

Seducing spirits, or demons, deceive men into the supposition that through mediums (those who have familiar spirits) they can converse with deceased human beings. However, the Bible clearly admonishes us to avoid every form of fortune telling.

Leviticus 19:31 says, “Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them...” The word “regard” comes from the Hebrew “panah” which means to turn towards, to face, i.e. to appear before. We must never present ourselves before a spiritualist, fortune tellers, or anyone who is being controlled by familiar spirits to ask for guidance or seek advice about our life.

Deuteronomy 18:10-11 says, “There shall not be found among you any one.... that useth divination, or an observer of times (“anan” - a fortuneteller or soothsayer), or an enchanter, or a witch. Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits (“owb” - a necromancer, one who evokes the dead or the ghost of a dead person), or a wizard, or a necromancer.”

When we follow after fortune-tellers or people who are being controlled by familiar spirits, we open ourselves up to be influenced by the same demon that controls these people.

In Leviticus 20:6, God told the people of Israel, “And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off among his people.”

Demons disseminate false doctrine -

Demons also disseminate lies and Biblical error among men and inspire them to teach false Christian doctrines. I Timothy 4:1 states, “Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils (“daimonion”); Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron.”

There are false doctrines (“didaskalia” - teachings or instructions) that are inspired by demon spirits and spread around the world by ministers and believers. The phrase “speaking lies in hypocrisy” is translated from the Greek “pseudologos” and means to teach a pseudo or false word. Strong's Concordance defines “pseudologos” as promulgating erroneous Christian doctrine.

Deceiving people to believe an erroneous Christian doctrine is one of the chief snares that the devil uses to draw men away from the truth of God’s Word.

Satan is trying to alter your perception of God’s Word by bombarding your mind with lies, half-truths, and deceptive doctrines. If he can alter your perception of God, or the blessings that God offers through Jesus Christ, then he can cause you to believe the wrong things, to take wrong actions, and to accept the wrong results for your life. If he can confuse your understanding of the Gospel, then he can limit the effects of the freedom and salvation that are yours in Christ.

If demons can cause you to believe that God is the author of sickness and disease, then you will never pray to be healed. If they can make you believe that God wants you to be poor, then you will never walk in prosperity. If they can confuse your mind about God’s love and forgiveness, then you will be burdened with condemnation and guilt throughout your life.

Jesus told us in John 8:31-2, “...If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” The truth of God’s Word has been given so man can break out of the prison of darkness and live a free life in Christ.

In John 10:10, Jesus told us, “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”

If the message you are hearing is stealing your peace, killing your love, or destroying your freedom in Christ, it probably was inspired by demons that are trying to control your life and keep you in bondage.

God’s Word was designed to teach you how to have an abundant life. The word “abundantly” is translated from the Greek “perissos” and means superabundant in quantity or superior in quality (Strong’s Concordance).

Psalms 107:20 declares, “He sent His word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.”

Demons and strife -

When the New Testament refers to the “Devil”, it is translated from the Greek noun “diabolos” which means a traducer, a slanderer, a false accuser, a calumniator (one that makes malicious and knowingly false statements). Since the definition of his name defines his nature to be one of lies, accusations and slander; it follows that the “demons” he controls would use the same tactics to corrupt men’s lives.

James 3:14-15 says, “But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish (“daimoniodes” - resembling or proceeding from an evil spirit, to be demon like).”

In other words, the envy, bitterness and strife that proceeds from your heart has three sources. Sometimes it is earthly or sensual (“psuchikos” - that which proceeds from the “psuche” or soul as the lower part of material man); and sometimes it originates from evil spirits. You must realize that evil spirits can plant suggestions in your mind that are designed to keep you in a perpetual state of strife and bitterness.

James 3:16 continues, “For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.” Yielding to strife opens your life to demonic confusion and evil actions.

The Amplified reads, “But if you have bitter jealousy (envy) and contention (rivalry, selfish ambition) in your hearts, do not pride yourselves on it and thus be in defiance of and false to the Truth. This [superficial] wisdom is not such as comes down from above, but is earthly, unspiritual (animal), even devilish (demoniacal). For wherever there is jealousy (envy) and contention (rivalry and selfish ambition), there will also be confusion (unrest, disharmony, rebellion) and all sorts of evil and vile practices.”

II Timothy 2:24-26 warns us, “And the servant of the Lord must not strive (“machomai” - to fight or quarrel, to engage in a war of words)...” Because, when believers strive, they fall into “...the snare of the devil (diabolos” - the traducer, slanderer, calumniator), who are taken captive by him at his will.”

Strife is the devil’s territory. When we walk in strife, or bitterness, or contention, satan is able to manipulate us and cause us to say and do things that we would normally never say or do. Although we regret it later, the harm has already been done. Demonic seeds planted in your mind will eventually come out of your mouth and defile the hearer.

This is why Paul wrote that believer’s must be quick to forgive, “Lest satan should get an advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices.” (II Cor. 2:11). Don’t be ignorant; demons use strife to corrupt your life.

Demons speak -

As you have already learned, several scriptures indicate that demons are able to speak through the people they possess.

Mark 1:34 says, “And He healed many that were sick of divers diseases, and cast out many devils (“daimonion”); and suffered not the devils to speak, because they knew him.”

Luke 4:41 says, “And devils also came out of many, crying out, and saying, Thou art Christ the Son of God. And He rebuking them suffered them not to speak; for they knew that He was Christ.”

When Jesus commanded the unclean spirit to come out of a man from Gadaera, Luke 8:28 says, “...he cried out, and fell down before Him, and with a loud voice said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God most high? I beseech thee, torment me not.”

Verse thirty says that Jesus asked the demon what his name was, “And he said, Legion; because many devils were entered into him.”

Then the demons begged Jesus in Luke 8:31, “And they besought Him that he would not command them to go out into the deep (“abussos”).” Demons know that the “abyss” of hell will be their final fate.

Vine’s Dictionary says “abussos” is used to denote the abyss, the immeasurable depth of the underworld, the lower regions, the abyss of Sheol. It is used seven times in the book of Revelation to refer to the bottomless pit.

Matthew 8:29 says, “And, behold, they cried out saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? Art thou come hither to torment us before the time?” Demons know that there time on earth is limited, and that God will eventually cast them into the bottomless pit for eternity.

The first chapter of Mark tells the story of a man that had an “unclean spirit” who cried out, “Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? Art thou come to destroy us...”

Jesus immediately rebuked him and commanded him to come out of the man. Mark 1:26 says, “And when the unclean spirit had torn him, and cried with a loud voice, he came out of him.” Luke 4:35 says, “...And when the devil had thrown (“rhipto” - to thrown with a sudden motion, to jerk, to throw to the ground) him in the midst, he came out of him, and hurt him not.”

This incident amazed the people and they began to say, What is this? “...What new doctrine is this? For with authority commandeth He even the unclean spirits, and they do obey him.” (Mark 1:27).

Life after the demon has been cast out -

Once the devil has been cast out, that person is able to live a productive and fruitful life in God. Mark 16:9 says, “Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, He appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.” Mary Magdalene went on to be a close friend of Jesus.

Luke 8:35 describes the “demonic of Gadaera” after the devils were cast out, “Then they went out to see what was done; and came to Jesus, and found the man, out of whom the devils were departed, sitting at the feet of Jesus, clothed, and in his right mind...”

After the demons were cast out, this man no longer lived among the graves and no longer had to be bound by chains. They saw him clothed and in his right mind.

He later asked Jesus permission to follow Him, but Jesus replied in Luke 8:39, “Return to thine own house, and shew how great things God hath done unto thee. And he went his way, and published throughout the whole city how great things Jesus had done unto him.” He was sent forth by God to preach the Gospel to his region.

Demons cannot dominate or possess anyone, except by that persons own consent. And once they have been cast out, that person can live a fruitful and productive life in God.

Are demons the direct cause of every disease -

The Gospel of Matthew tells the story of a father who sought Jesus help to restore his son. Matthew 17:15,16 records the father’s request, “Lord have mercy on my son; for he is a lunatic (“seleniazomai” - to be moon struck; also, to be an epileptic), and sore vexed; for ofttimes he falleth into the fire and oft into the water. And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him.”

Matthew 17:18 continues, “And Jesus rebuked the devil (“daimonion”); and he departed out of him; and the child was cured from that very hour.”

While this verse indicates that this young man’s epilepsy was being caused by an evil spirit, the scriptures do not teach that everyone that has epilepsy or any other disease is necessarily possessed with a demon.

The Bible clearly makes a distinction between the diseases that are caused by demons and the ones that have a physical cause as in Matthew 4:24, “...and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils (“daimonizomai”), and those which were lunatick (epilepsy), and those that had the palsy (paralytic); and He healed them.”

Whether the people had physical ailments or were possessed with devils, they were all treated like sick people and healed by the Lord.

Some in the Body of Christ believe that there are more demons operating in the earth than people; and that every sickness is directly caused by the presence of a demon. But scriptures like Mark 1:34 draws a distinction between physical diseases and demonic possession, “And He healed many that were sick of divers diseases, and cast out many devils...”

Mark 6:13 says, “And they cast out many devils (“daimonion”), and anointed with oil many that were sick, and healed them.” It is wrong to say that every sick person has a demon. We should be operating in the gift of the discerning of spirits to recognize the difference.

Matthew 10:1 says, “And when He had called unto Him His twelve disciples, He gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.” Since the Bible makes the distinction between casting out devils and healing all manner of sickness, so should we.

One preacher said that he had been accused of teaching that behind every rock and every tree a demon lurks. No, he said, I believe that there are five or six demons lurking behind every rock and every tree.

Teaching like this attributes all sorts of human ills to demonic power. Some preachers give them names like the demon of alcohol, a demon of nicotine, a demon of cancer, a demon of gluttony, and on and on. But the Bible does not support this type of multitudinous demonic nomenclature (and neither should we).

However, when a demon is present, no amount of physical treatment will relieve the afflicted person of their infirmity.

In the previous story, Matthew 17:16 says that the father first brought the little boy to the disciples; but they could not cure him. Why? Because they were treating him for a disease instead of taking authority over the devil that was the true cause of the boy’s problem.

The word translated “cure” is the Greek “therapeuo” which means to restore to health, to treat and care for the sick. They were treating the disease instead of casting out the demon.

Jesus initial response (before He cast out the demon) was, “Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you?...” (Matthew 17:17). Jesus clearly expressed frustration at the disciples inability to deal successfully with the situation. He expected them to know when a demon was present, and to successfully remove it.

The disciples later approached Jesus and asked why they could not cast the devil out of this little boy. In Matthew 17:20-21, Jesus replied, “Because of your unbelief.... Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.” The word “unbelief” is the Greek “apistia” and means to have no faith, to be in disbelief.

In other words, faith in the Name of Jesus is prerequisite and essential to successfully cast out a demon.

Exorcists -

The word “exorcist” is translated from the Greek “exorkistes” which is defined as one who employs a formula of conjuration for the expulsion of demons. It is only found once in the KJV Bible.

Acts 19:13 introduces the story of several men that pretended to be exorcists, “Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.”

These men had heard about the success the Apostle Paul had in casting out demons, and tried to emulate him (but without success).

Acts 19:15 says, “And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?” The demons knew who Jesus and Paul were; indicating that we are known in the spiritual realm. You have a reputation in “hell”.

The word “know” is translated twice in this verse, from two different Greek words. Jesus I know is “ginosko” which means to have a personal knowledge of. Spiros Zodhiates says, “ginosko” means to know experientially.

Paul I know is “epistamai” and means to be acquainted with; Vine’s Dictionary says, to know of. In other words, they had heard of the Apostle Paul but never personally encountered him.

What the demons literally said was, we have experienced Jesus, we have first hand knowledge of His power; Paul we have heard about. But who are you? You don’t have any reputation with us.

Then, Acts 19:16 says, “And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded (“traumatizo”).” These men were overcome by the demons and ran away, traumatized and defeated; because they had no personal knowledge of the Name of Jesus.

The only power we have over evil spirits is through the Name of Jesus.

In the third chapter of the book of Acts, Peter and John used the Name of Jesus to heal a crippled man in Jerusalem. The crowd of people that gathered around tried to credit Peter with the miracle. But Peter responded in Acts 3:12-16, “...why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk? ...And His name, through faith in His name hath made this man strong...”

In other words, our personal power or holiness has no effect in the kingdom of darkness. But the Name of Jesus carries the weight of God’s delivering power to any person that believes on His Name.

Luke 10:17 gives the report of seventy disciples that were authorized to use the Name of Jesus, “And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord even the devils (“daimonion”) are subject unto us through thy Name.”

Demons are subject to us, through the Name of Jesus. The word “subject” is translated from the Greek “hupotasso” which Vine's Dictionary defines as primarily a military term, to rank under, to be a subordinate. Human beings, armed with the Name of Jesus, are ranked above all demons in both power and authority. They must obey every believer when he/she commands them in the Name of Jesus.

In Matthew 10:8, Jesus instructed the disciples, “Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils; freely ye have received, freely give.”

War
Love
Poetry

#437506 - 06/09/13 08:03 AM Re: Demons [Re: GoldStone]
Tyr Offline
MaleSurvivor

victor- i flatly disagree.

the word demon comes from the word daimon a greek word for spirit.

there were good and so called evil spirits.

demon as a term comes from the word for Spirit not evil spirit. there was good teacher spirit agathodaimon and evil kakodaimon.

the bible is just one path to certain forms of mystic enlightenment, its not the end all be all human resources manual dude.

#437534 - 06/09/13 01:45 PM Re: Demons [Re: GoldStone]
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo
Victor do not get sucked in I can smell it coming a mile a way
you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

#437614 - 06/10/13 03:46 AM Re: Demons [Re: GoldStone]
victor-victim Offline

it's not a debate smile

thanks for your input.

don't believe a word i say.

do your own research.

the truth does not require approval or belief.

my opinion is not important.

War
Love
Poetry

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.