Newest Members
JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul
12488 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12488 Members
74 Forums
64153 Topics
447630 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#436728 - 06/03/13 07:27 PM My intro
austinx Offline

Just wanted to introduce myself. Iīm a 47 year old man whose abuse didnīt last that long but had profound psychological effects. I guess it lasted one summer and one fall, but at one point I literally thought it was the end of my life (I was 4) and when I started to remember it seems my life just went to hell. Of course the effects showed up before my memories, I acted out pretty heavily with adult men from the time I was about 10. That stopped at about 14 but when I went off to college and came out as gay, boy things got really weird really fast. After a couple of years of hopping from one bed to next almost nightly, I met my first boyfriend. After about five years with him I started remembering what had happened. Our relationship couldnīt hold up to the pressure and soon ended. Pretty soon I found someone else,unfortunately very verbally and emotionally abusive. Finally got out of that after 14 years, with nothing but the clothes on my back. My life pretty much fell apart and I came to live in Mexico with me retired parents. I did meet someone down here whoīs love helped me heal in ways that I didnīt even know were broken. And then he was murdered by an insane gardener who was working for us. My world fell apart again. 3 months later my mother died. That was two years ago. I stopped drinking two months ago after 30 years. Iīve been seeing a really good psychologist for about 6 months. Iīm better, but such a loooong way to go. Thanks for listening.

#436730 - 06/03/13 07:30 PM Re: My intro [Re: austinx]
austinx Offline

Posted this in Survivor Stories, but thought it was more appropriate here. THanks

#436732 - 06/03/13 07:53 PM Re: My intro [Re: austinx]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
hey, austinx.

glad to have you here, although i am not glad that you are here.
(if you know what i mean)

i just hope you find some of what you need to survive on this website.

here, you will find open and honest dialogue with other survivors of similar situations.

leave the shame, the guilt, the blame behind.

no more secrets, no more lies, say hello to truth and freedom.
reveal the real YOU underneath all that noise.
YOU are not your thoughts.
YOU are not your actions.
YOU are not alone.
YOU are one of us.

War
Love
Poetry

#439382 - 06/27/13 05:42 PM . [Re: austinx]
JoeSmith Offline

#439554 - 06/29/13 11:18 PM Re: My intro [Re: austinx]
kcinohio Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Thanks for the introduction. Hope you find healing here as well.

#439587 - 06/30/13 01:12 PM Re: My intro [Re: austinx]
OCN Offline

Loc: Western Europe
Thank you for sharing your story austinx

And may you be healed!

#439740 - 07/01/13 10:56 PM Re: My intro [Re: austinx]
genedebs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MO
Welcome to the site austinx.

As victim victor says, you are one of us. You begin your introduction with what seems to me as a minimizing your experience, (maybe your abuse is sufficiently horrific to qualify as one of us), and then explaining how it has impacted if not overwhelmed your life.

Hey, we all have different stories and we all are just the same.

You are welcome because you are one of us, this is not a competition, this is a place of safety, with others who understand your experiences and at least some of your pain.

#439802 - 07/02/13 02:08 PM Re: My intro [Re: austinx]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
Hi AustinX

Glad you are here!

Welcome and if you need anything at all....let us know.

Geoff

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.