Newest Members
Jerone, teba, Serpenta, mojo, James M
12114 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (61), Carlos418 (37), courtney (52), kurotake (55), lostsoul (63), Lukesgirl (28), michael banks (2014), Steffon (42)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 58 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
62510 Topics
438087 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#436151 - 05/29/13 02:12 AM "lewd and lascivious battery of a child 12 to 16"
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada

War
Love
Poetry

#436164 - 05/29/13 07:45 AM Re: "lewd and lascivious battery of a child 12 to 16" [Re: victor-victim]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
I can hardly add something when so huge deficiency in common sense is presented and imprinted into legal framework.
Some legal systems and cultures are systematically avoiding protecting human rights and because of that are terrible cruel.

It is shocking that there are cultures like that in western world. Very toxic and dysfunctional...

Pero

#436167 - 05/29/13 08:21 AM Re: "lewd and lascivious battery of a child 12 to 16" [Re: victor-victim]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
18-on-14 is kinda messed up. That's a senior screwing a freshman, right when the differences in pubescent advancement are likely to be considerable. There was one guy in my high school who would only "date down" four grades like this and we all thought it was creepy and wrong; it turned out he was a closeted gay trying to "pass" but who couldn't convince girls who had already been involved with other guys before - he had to be in control and set expectations so they wouldn't question too much.

The younger girl probably did consent, and youth sex laws need a generous "Romeo and Juliet" escape hatch. But still, 18-on-14 is creepy.

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#436367 - 05/30/13 08:22 PM Re: "lewd and lascivious battery of a child 12 to 16" [Re: victor-victim]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

I have very mixed feelings about this case. Part of the problem is that I don't know the details of exactly what went on between these two girls. Many of us here have been in abusive situations with people who were less than four years older than us and it is possible for such relationships to be immensity damaging. That doesn't mean that was the case here though. It's hard to say, not knowing exactly what happened.

I only wish that there was room in our society and in our legal system to take these kinds of things on a case by case basis but unfortunately there isn't. I also wish that when the parties are both this young that there was room to handle things more delicately and compassionately. This relationship between these 18 and 14 year old girls could have been outright abusive and it could have been just kind of inappropriate. Again, it depends on the circumstances and the dynamic of the relationship. Either way, the older girl sitting in prison for possibly 15 years isn't going to help anybody or fix anything. Some intervention and some counseling was probably more what was needed.

As usual, our society and our legal system takes a situation that probably should have been handled with kids gloves and instead handles it with a fucking meat cleaver. Sad. Peace,

Ken

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.