Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12286 Members
73 Forums
63208 Topics
441971 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#434856 - 05/16/13 03:26 PM Dating a man who is a Male Survivor
IrisHashiba Offline

Hello, all. This is my first time on a website like this. Reason being is I'm seeing a guy who confessed to me that he has a hard time being open to someone because of having been a victim. He was victimized once as a young adult, and has never sought professional help. This happened 10 years ago, but he never sought help.

Now, I can tell this is affecting our relationship, intimacy, and sex.

Can someone please share with me their personal thoughts, feelings, and experiences when dealing with their loved one, spouse, and significant other? I am lost here, and I feel sad a lot from the distance. I'm hoping that gaining an understanding and some knowledge will help me cope during times when I feel isolated.

Thanks!

-Iris

#435449 - 05/22/13 10:11 AM Re: Dating a man who is a Male Survivor [Re: IrisHashiba]
sugarbaby Offline

You should learn as much as you can about his challenges but ultimately things will come down to his willingness to get help. Help, by the way, for guy is not always so easy to come by so it may be necessary for him to wade into that slowly.

Online sites like this one are great but a good therapist is a very good way to go. Finding a GOOD one who is familiar with men can be a challenge - or at least that was our experience.

#436315 - 05/30/13 01:17 PM Re: Dating a man who is a Male Survivor [Re: IrisHashiba]
IrisHashiba Offline

Thank you, Sugarbaby. Yes, this forum helps a great deal.

I'm taking my relationship with him slowly too. I hope that I can help him at least just a a friend.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.