Newest Members
Jerone, teba, Serpenta, mojo, James M
12114 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
10 registered (Cam76, hike1972, Dave PNW, CafeMan, 3 invisible), 67 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
62509 Topics
438074 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#435766 - 05/25/13 01:02 PM Memories of a happier time
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
starting to creep into my thoughts this past few days.

And this morning I remembered a lost time, just before my mom remarried. Me, and my best friends/neighbors tommy and nathan. Playing until 9:30 outside during the summer days / nights. The sleep overs. Watching TV. hanging out. Summers. I must have been 4-7 years old then.

Something changed between that time and couple years after my mom remarried. Actually, a few things changed. Nathan moved away. My mom remarried to an evangelist preacher. I joined the church. My cousin started molesting me. And the kids at school started bullying me, teasing me for my glasses and hearing aids.

Before that time, I was careless, happy, and free. This is who I need to recover.

-- I must remind myself that sugar is my enemy. I can't control my sugar consumption and sugar makes me mentally unstable. I'm reminding myself (because I forgot again).

#435768 - 05/25/13 01:23 PM Re: Memories of a happier time [Re: Magellan]
trytry Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: Magellan

Before that time, I was careless, happy, and free. This is who I need to recover.

EXACTLY! Wish I had more to say... but hope it helps to know someone else has had the same realization as you, and I'm sure many others here have also. We need to reclaim the person who we REALLY are.

#435771 - 05/25/13 02:14 PM Re: Memories of a happier time [Re: Magellan]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
Magellan,

You're right. I revisit those times frequently with great results. I do it through writing about it, posting here, and immersing myself in a music playlist that recalls the good times.

I don't often post about this since my regimen could be another's trigger---that's another thing I do that could be risky. Sometimes I intentionally visit the dark days through writing and music as well. I think of it as small doses of toxins---to build my immunity. Obviously, I have to be careful to titrate the dose of those visits so I don't recommend it lightly. My T warns me to be cautious---and probably would't have approved when I first took this on.

There are many paths to healing....
All the best.

Will

My Story: Cruel Summer

#435777 - 05/25/13 03:28 PM Re: Memories of a happier time [Re: Suwanee]
Farmer Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
Originally Posted By: Suwanee
You're right. I revisit those times frequently with great results. I do it through writing about it, posting here, and immersing myself in a music playlist that recalls the good times.

I don't often post about this since my regimen could be another's trigger---that's another thing I do that could be risky. Sometimes I intentionally visit the dark days through writing and music as well. I think of it as small doses of toxins---to build my immunity. Obviously, I have to be careful to titrate the dose of those visits so I don't recommend it lightly. My T warns me to be cautious---and probably would't have approved when I first took this on.

There are many paths to healing....
All the best.

Will

I do this too. I think it works for me....still working on the dose though.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.