Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MADcHATTER (54), Ready2MoveOn (44)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 37 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63788 Topics
445455 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#434809 - 05/16/13 01:34 AM baptism
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
i have made the decision to become baptised.
entered into studies and counselling with my pastor.

this choice is triggering serious trust issues around commitment and betrayal.

ritual - holy spiritual - forgiven sins - washed clean in sacrificial blood - water immersion - symbolic death and resurrection - redemption - rebirth - oath - betrothal - it is all very daunting and forboding, with plenty of built-in failure.

pre-wedding jitters?

i would welcome any counsel or comments from christians who have completed or are currently considering this course of action.

PM's also accepted on this subject.

War
Love
Poetry

#434926 - 05/17/13 04:05 AM Re: calling all christians [Re: victor-victim]
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo
Man realize that what you are about to do is going to forever change your life . You will have an enemy who wants to destroy you and sift you as wheat . You will be Adopted into the Royal Family of God and you will be refined you will be sculpted by Any means necessary to Conform you into the image of Christ. I wish I could tell you when you give your life to Christ that it was going to be all peaches and cream and a bed full of roses and you will have "your best life now" but it could not be any further from the truth. You will suffer and it will ALL be for Meaning and purpose but with a Goal and if you allow this goal to transform your life you will Go on to do great and mighty things for the LORD .

When you realize that it is Not about you at all and it is about God's good and Perfect will it will enable you to realize that you are being prepared to be at OTHERS crossroads in their life to help them in ways God will reveal to you.

Not to mention you are indeed washed clean and forgiven you are a new creation the Old has passed and the new has come. You are no longer to use abuse or Any other situation or circumstance that have came from your past as an out for any reason. The problem is that most do not Except this and try to cling to the past . The past is gone the new will come and as long as you are willing to go ALL IN and i mean ready to go where HE takes you no matter what or where that looks like. Be able to go with HIS current and not against it . We are here to do the will of Him who created us not live our own life the way we think it should be lived . But submit and obey Christ and that means picking up your cross DAILY and following Christ at all cost no matter what . It is like a marriage for better or worst thick and thin when things are good and bad you must be able to praise him. He calls us HIS Bride an we enter into that covenant with him that is Binding . like marriage not like the contract marriages we see today but a real marriage one that man can not undo.

Just know that if you submit and obey that God will Transform your life in more ways than you can ever imagine

You are making a most EXCELLENT CHOICE
ALL OF HEAVEN IS ABOUT TO REJOICE BECAUSE YOU ARE TURNING FROM YOUR OLD LIFE AND WILL BE REPENTING OF SIN AND CHOOSING TO BELONG TO GOD

Edited by nltsaved (05/17/13 04:08 AM)
you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

#435307 - 05/20/13 10:31 PM Re: calling all christians [Re: nltsaved]
victor-victim Offline

thanks for the reply.

good words of encouragement. much needed. gratitude.

i guess you are the only one here who has gone through with the baptism?
can you describe your experience, if that is not too personal?

were you nervous, worried, etc?

War
Love
Poetry

#435356 - 05/21/13 11:46 AM Re: calling all christians [Re: victor-victim]
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo
When I was baptized I had spent the entire night before getting filthy drunk . I thought I was having a conversation with myself but it turns out it was The Spirit whispering in my ear " your getting baptized today" I even argued " I am drunk there is no way I am getting baptized to day" But this voice would not leave me . I drove home 30 minutes away from where I was at and went to sleep for 2 hrs . Woke up and still wreaked of alcohol. I was still drunk . When they called for those who were to be baptized I took my place and to the surprise of the lady calling on us to come up and she stated "umm and I guess brother Nathan" Because all the others were planned.

I went under the water vowing when I came up I would be a new creature i would follow Christ no matter what . I went under and when I came up I could feel the presence of God all around me in me through me . I knew right than that God was real there was no doubt it was all erased at that very moment . Most of all i felt Clean for the first time in my life . I was so clean i felt it in knew it . That day was also the last day i drank . I am an alcoholic and even with being in the hospital 3 times with alcohol poisoning and my stomach bleeding , i could not stop . the day the doctor showed me my stomach bleeding , the very next day i left the hospital and got a 30 pack of beer. Thats how bad It was ,drinking from the time i woke up until the time i passed out. I had been to rehab the whole 9 but that day i came up out of the water He took the desire away he took the craving away and the withdraws . It was like i never drank . I have always heard of people being delivered and such but I really did not believe to much of it . It happen to me and i am somber till this day. Sept 29th 2001 was the day . I am forever greatful that HE did that for me . I think he knew if not I was going to drink myself to death.

That day was the best day of my life . He has sense allowed me to do many things in his name . Going on the Oprah show with the other 200 men , making that video of me telling my story, ministering to people at church , and at a prison where some of the people I minister to are in fact child molesters . Only the hand of God could allow such things . I am free totally free of the shame and guilt and secrecy that surrounded this tragedy. God has taken what man meant for bad and used it For His glory and I just happen to be along for the ride.

PEACE AND BLESSINGS
you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

#435571 - 05/23/13 03:00 PM Re: calling all christians [Re: victor-victim]
CheerfulJohn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: England (at the moment)
I was also immersed into Messiah's death and resurrection. It gets better the more memories The Maker has access to. It is a process. It gets better and better. Trusting Him takes time. He knows that.

Sorry if I missed it. May it go well

CJ

#435678 - 05/24/13 06:20 PM Re: calling all christians [Re: victor-victim]
victor-victim Offline

thanks for your response, CJ.

how was your baptism experience?

were you worried? did you have doubts going in?

are things better now?

i just wonder if i can live up to the commitment.

War
Love
Poetry

#459067 - 01/21/14 04:28 AM Re: calling all christians [Re: victor-victim]
victor-victim Offline

update:

i realize that this is taking longer than i expected, but the good news is, my pastor has informed me that i am almost finished my preparations for baptism, and i actually feel ready.

i am over a year behind schedule, but i had to be 1000% positive, certain, sure and secure.
i don't take any commitments lightly, and when my soul is at stake, i am very very careful.

now...
i am quite eager and excited about it.
even a little impatient with anticipation.

War
Love
Poetry

#467792 - 07/19/14 05:10 PM Re: calling all christians [Re: victor-victim]
CheerfulJohn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: England (at the moment)
How did it go? (a year and a few months later-time is a funny thing)

Living up to the commitment was always dependent on help from above.

It's a miracle process.

smile

#467856 - 07/21/14 09:39 PM Re: calling all christians [Re: victor-victim]
victor-victim Offline

the actual ritual is scheduled for august 10.
i have been very thorough in my preparations.

War
Love
Poetry

#467858 - 07/21/14 10:50 PM Re: calling all christians [Re: victor-victim]
Jim1961 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pa, but likely traveling...
I got Baptized back at the 2003 Easter Vigil. Awesome experience, and I have gone back to the vigil every year since to watch the ceremony and Baptisms. Wish I could be there for yours!

My Story

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.