Newest Members
TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo, Laurie
12485 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
era1 (31), GregoryP (50), GregoryParcell (50), junior (54), KDW78 (36), nansogre (48)
Who's Online
6 registered (Obi, Tiger1982, 4 invisible), 25 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12485 Members
74 Forums
64147 Topics
447574 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#435622 - 05/23/13 11:07 PM Satanic Ritual Abuse
Publius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: OH
*Possible Triggers*

Is this for real???

I just came back from group therapy and there were a couple older women there who disclosed they had been sexually/physically/psychologically abused by Satanic cultists in what is popularly known as Satanic Ritual Abuse. During my time at college a sociology professor of mine mentioned the mass hysteria of the 1980s generated by this so-called hoax. I never gave it much thought but after hearing these women explain what was done to them I had to find out the truth. A quick internet search brought up the wiki page and a number of articles essentially saying the whole thing was/is a hoax, that such memories were likely implanted, and those individuals suggesting such a thing happened to them are actually suffering from a form of mental illness.

I consider myself a pretty reasonable guy and am willing to read both sides of an issue before making a call but this one confuses me. On the one hand I have these two women telling me about their experiences and on the other I have articles suggesting it is all made up. Furthermore, I would not put it past perps to use "satanic ritual" as guise for abusing children nor do I underestimate their ability to organize even in secret. Reading through these articles something seemed fishy though because I remember reading in other books how child sex abuse as a whole was dismissed for decades using similar explanations. Can anyone offer any insight on this one?

Edited by Publius (05/23/13 11:14 PM)

#435623 - 05/23/13 11:24 PM Re: Satanic Ritual Abuse [Re: Publius]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Publius and others

It is all too true. I have several books on it, which I have not been able to read very well because I get too depressed reading them. My T has had patients with that background.

Those who suggest that it's a hoax are trying to deny the truth. It is not a hoax. There are guys in MS who have had that done to them. I will leave it to them to identify themselves. They have to be careful.

If you like I can give you a little more information in PM, if you are interested.

Puffer

#435624 - 05/23/13 11:54 PM Re: Satanic Ritual Abuse [Re: Publius]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

You can PM me about this too. Like Puffer, I've done some research on the subject.

Cant

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.