Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
3 registered (traveler, 2 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63782 Topics
445404 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#435538 - 05/22/13 11:06 PM Re: Way off topic--home business concerns [Re: fhorns]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
Originally Posted By: fhorns
Hey Puffer. Good to see you.

Victor,
Was that supposed to help me? It didn't. Not at all.

I just dumped some on the new guy's forum.

sorry if i didn't help.

i guess it was my obtuse way of saying that i have failed at these things, but i don't want to discourage you. if you enjoy it or if you are good at it, it could be worth it for you.

War
Love
Poetry

#435595 - 05/23/13 06:17 PM Re: Way off topic--home business concerns [Re: fhorns]
fhorns Offline
MaleSurvivor

I wrote this in a PM to another MSer this morning. This is what's really on my mind, and what's running me. I was comparing myself to him:

"Reading other people's stories is easy for me, yet my mind went back to selling myself on the job, having to do it all the time as a substitute teacher in years past. I......felt shame then too. Fearing more, I basically never moved beyond it.

It held me, so no matter how many classes I took, or successful people I hung around, fear of shame kept me from reaching out, sticking my head out, and asking for or seeking positions and attention.

I KNOW I'm attracted to selling now only since the relationships are short term. It was the exact same in teaching, for me. I felt inadequate with long term exposure, thinking they could see me.

THAT'S why I'm here. That truth is why I'm here.

(and what the hell do I do with my mess?) I've not moved past it, and am not sure I will/can."

I'll add something I've never spoken due to shame: failure has always seemed a SAFER alternative than feeling shame and rejection. Twisted? Yes. I only did it due to needing SOME control over my life. ANY control felt peaceful....for a while.

I don't believe I'm alone in this either.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.