Newest Members
ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers
12505 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Drea (31), gpdno (47), serb guy (49), Thomas8221 (60), UncleClover (43)
Who's Online
4 registered (Daryl X., BuffaloCO, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12505 Members
74 Forums
64200 Topics
448013 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#435488 - 05/22/13 04:24 PM I wish I never told you...
Poorsoft Offline

I really want to say this to my mother. I can't yet though.

Mother,

Never forget, I love you. You are a great mother and I believe the goodness within me came from you. But I have something I want to say.

Three months ago, we had what must have been an unbearable conversation to have with your son on the phone. I told you what I thought had happened and you said you believed me. I was thinking about myself and didn't stop to think about what it would do to you. I can see over the last few years, you've gotten stronger, your confidence has grown and I hate feeling like I've smashed your progress.

When I asked you, you said who I thought it was without me mentioning it. I asked you WHY WHY WHY did you think it was that person? And you just said 'I dunno'. You get upset when I used to ask you things, you would break down over the slightest thing. And dont forget that innocent glass of wine you have, which used to be a bottle a night. I'm not judging, but I always wondered what drove you to drink. You're not exactly an alcoholic, and I have my own vice, but I think I know why that is.

You knew something, there was something different about me, but its hard to talk about. I understand that. But your denial has ruined me.

From believing me, it all of a sudden became a matter of mental health. You told me about people in the family who were depressed and you told me how many times my grandmother tried to kill herself and then you tried to say depression was genetic. It's not genetic.

You went on to suggest maybe I had aspergers. Perhaps I had autism or schziophrenia. I'm not autistic and I'm not schziophrenic. I even got tested to prove it.

You told me "Depressed people have a way to draw people into their fantasy". Maybe I have created this fantasy and have put this all on myself, for what? You're attention? You're complete undivided attention and love which you have given us all anyway?

I cannot live like this.

I don't want to leave this world and have you blame yourself because you didn't listen.

I have never admitted the suicidle tendancies to anyone, because it's nothing new. It's been on my mind for so many years, that it's just part of my day and I'm not even sad about it. I just think about it.

My worry is if one day, if I have the courage to actually do it, you would blame yourself and ruin yourself further, because you would think it was because of something you did. If that ever does happen, know it's nothing you've ever done or could do.

I've told everyone I don't think that way and I would never do anything. But that is a lie, a white lie told to protect you from worry you do not need.

I'm looking ahead, but the past is hanging on for dear life, I cannot let it go until I have everything clear.

I cannot look after you anymore. I need you now. I remember always nursing you're self doubt and you told me things that bothered you. But I never talked about things that bothered me, because of what it did. And now I have, I wish I never told you.

Love

You're son.

#435525 - 05/22/13 10:20 PM Re: I wish I never told you... [Re: Poorsoft]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Hi Poorsoft. A lot of this sounded like some of the things I at times have wished I could say to my own mother. Just last weekend I left a post regarding my mom's mishandling of my CSA disclosure and the responses I got showed me that many of us here have moms who have not dealt with the realities of our childhoods as well as we would have liked. In fact, it made me think that mothers who can handle the knowledge of their children having been victims of CSA are probably the exception rather than the rule. So, you a definitely not alone here.

I hope that writing this was beneficial for you. I think that writing letters to people who have hurt us in some way without sending those letters is a very helpful exercise. Your post here is an excellent example of this. Take care. Peace,

Ken

#435551 - 05/23/13 12:53 AM Re: I wish I never told you... [Re: Poorsoft]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
mother's day was hard this year. as it is every year.
i tried writing a letter to my mother.
never did it.
congratulations.
you have passed a milestone.
i wish i could follow your example.
thanks for leading the way.

War
Love
Poetry

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.