Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluesky (44), Brother B+ (48), emal7717 (53), estuardo (52), kwf777 (56), LeeAnne (30), mapleleafsn (52), otherside (61), ronnie (59), Scott1962 (52), thrive-n-survive (42), tom3065 (36)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 11 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63561 Topics
444084 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#430009 - 04/03/13 05:32 PM Re: How to File a Civil Complaint Form in Pennsylvania [Re: brother2none]
brother2none Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Undisclosed
It's been 2 months since filing my civil suit, here is an update: The abuser (defendant) filed a preliminary objection saying my Complaint lacked specifics. I revised and resubmitted an amended complaint containing those specifics. Also the abuser claims he has no recollection of me, and that I am jumping on the bandwagon of other high profile cases. Waiting for abuser's next response.

#430021 - 04/03/13 06:59 PM Re: How to File a Civil Complaint Form in Pennsylvania [Re: brother2none]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 10:03 PM)

#430072 - 04/04/13 10:28 AM Re: How to File a Civil Complaint Form in Pennsylvania [Re: brother2none]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Did I miss something in this thread? Did I misunderstand something? My first question in following the thread is why oh why you wouldn't use competent legal representation in this matter. Unlike bodyguard, I'm gonna turn a firehose on the parade. Reality check:

This is no time, imo, to engage in DIY. You think you're working on a hobby car's engine? It's likely the defendant WILL have legal representation. And you have NONE. You're dealing with adults. Do you really, really think, out of "respect" for you, he's going to do it himself, too? This isn't Small Claims Court. If I was in his position I'd literally take out a second mortgage to hire the nastiest legal guns I could afford. I can almost guarantee his attorney(s) will make mincemeat of you...and you may face a countersuit.

They'll get you confused, make you say things you don't mean to say, and kill your case. They're going to hire a PI and investigate every corner of your life, including, if they can make the connection, every one of the 254 public post you've made here on MS.

Do you even have the legal background to represent yourself? If you're asking about "how to file", then, no, you don't. I'm sorry to be the one to slap you down, brother, but you're definitely in over your head. (Better me, however, than the defendant's attorney).

It sounds as if he already has representation - to wit, "complaint lacks specifics" - and has you already jumping through hoops to amend. His attorney, by filing the objection, was also giving you a way out of this (a subtlety it sounds as if you didn't recognize). Defendant's already establishing himself as the Alpha dog and you're going along with it. He's made a potentially valid legal argument, too - probably the basis of his attorney's defense - that you're "jumping on the bandwagon". If I was the judge in the case, I'd have no choice but to agree and dismiss...possibly award his attorney fees as well. imo, from what little I can glean from the thread, you're setting yourself up to be re-victimized. imo, you're also setting yourself up to be (successfully) sued yourself.

You may be under the impression you "can't afford" an attorney. Wrong. Right now, you can't afford NOT to have an attorney.

From my own experience, here's how it goes: Consultations are typically free. If not, find someone else. Reputable attorneys on civil matters like this will work on contingency. Their fees are typically 40% of any judgment or settlement plus expenses. Just finding a competent attorney who specializes in these cases and with whom you are absolutely comfortable (i.e., someone to whom you can be/MUST be completely honest) can take weeks, if not months.

Wake up call put indelicately: you've really got your ass in the wringer. Find an attorney NOW who, even if he can't salvage it - personally, I have my doubts - can keep you from doing any more damage to yourself. I believe a responsible T, too, would have given you the same advice. So, I'd suggest finding a T as well.

#435522 - 05/22/13 10:02 PM Re: How to File a Civil Complaint Form in Pennsylvania [Re: brother2none]
brother2none Offline
MaleSurvivor

Been busy and just seeing these two posts, thanks for the feedback and point of view.

I wouldn't change a thing about the steps Ive taken. Turns out, I am the one kicking ass. Turns out, I am the one firing back, competently I may add. I have researched the aspects of the law well, and I have done exactly what was needed to finally, FINALLY, make the perpetrator respond to me.

So no, Lancer, it is not my ass in the wringer. Have a little more faith bro!

I don't feel I am aligning to any outcome, rather I am fine and comfortable with engaging in this legal process as it is a venue for holding the abuser accountable. And that IS what is happening.

My suit is continuing, I have found other boys abused by the same adult man who abused me. Couldnt ask for more at this point.

The abuser did file his answer (response) to my allegations and denied nearly everything substantial, including having any recollection of me. Just as I expected.

Final thoughts: GO FOR IT, DONT HOLD BACK.

#468089 - 07/27/14 09:52 PM Re: How to File a Civil Complaint Form in Pennsylvania [Re: brother2none]
brother2none Offline
MaleSurvivor

Continuing to hammer away at the abuser through the legal process.

He has basically admitted to the abuse, the threats, etc.. by failing to respond at all to court filings.

I have connected the dots to some additional possible victims.

I have uncovered documents from a government agency which proves he was my employer, a fact the abuser denied in the beginning, claiming he has no recollection of me.

Feels good to be calling the shots at this point, as the discovery process continues.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.