Newest Members
JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul
12488 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
7 registered (dew, Jim1961, petercorbett, Obi, 2 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12488 Members
74 Forums
64151 Topics
447628 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#435521 - 05/22/13 10:01 PM Back.....again
fhorns Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'm needing to dump. I've not looked at this stuff for years. Something came up recently, opening me up.

I was at my 12 step meeting 2 nights ago, feeling down, but I thought it was from feeling dejected by my wife. We've been separated 2 years now.

I was mad, sad, open to share.

Something hit me during my meeting. I sat in the very back, away from everyone else, though I've been in this group over 2 years. I didn't feel ok with myself. Trust was down. Jitteryness wasn't high. I just needed to dump.....something.

The speaker, who's a survivor himself, touched something in me. I don't know what happened. I just realized/remembered I didn't trust him or nearly anyone due to my brother taking something from me.

I felt inadequate, unmanly, unworthy. I'd pressured my wife covertly to boost my manliness, she obviously felt it, I got distance from her, and this speaker seemed to point to my mistrust and pain. I shook, crying each time he closed a point.

When I got in group, I dumped it..(slowly, surely, finally crying for about 30 seconds). I let myself know.

I pray for a guide/signpost, for people are scary to me...from a 6 year old's perspective.

#435524 - 05/22/13 10:17 PM Re: Back.....again [Re: fhorns]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
thanks for dumping.
that's the best thing to do with garbage.
this is a good place to dump it.
i am in a similar state, bringing me back here.
i feel better after a good dump.
keep talking if you have to.

War
Love
Poetry

#435537 - 05/22/13 11:04 PM Re: Back.....again [Re: fhorns]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Welcome back fthorns,

There is no time limit on your membership here. Come back whenever you need to. Sounds like a painful time for you, but you did the right thing by venting to your support group, and here as well. Keep reaching out when you need to, you'll get past this.

Jude
Left here on my own or so it seems
I've got to leave before I start to scream
Joe Cocker

#435591 - 05/23/13 06:05 PM Re: Back.....again [Re: fhorns]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/27/14 03:38 PM)

#435596 - 05/23/13 06:22 PM Re: Back.....again [Re: fhorns]
fhorns Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks for your replies guys.

I've got a question. Why is my shame so heavy suddenly? How do I make it go away?

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.