Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
3 registered (Bluedogone, TJ jeff, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63173 Topics
441753 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#435417 - 05/22/13 12:19 AM Hello
G-Scott Offline

Loc: Alabama (roll tide)
Hello, Im found this site through online research. I'm a male who is a survivor of sexual abuse as a child. I was sexually abused from the age of 6 till I was 8 years of age by a family friend. That horrible experience has been something I have kept a secret from my family and friends. I'm 24 years old now and all of the memories of the abuse I can't seem to block out as I did as a child. I suffer from depression and anxiety and I have a lot of issues. I seem as if I'm am disconnected to the world. I feel as a part of me has died and I can't truly be happy I can't truly trust people and I can't truly forgive people. I'm hoping by becoming a member of this wonderful site would help the healing process or just be able to talk to people whom may be experiencing the same problems I have.

#435421 - 05/22/13 01:33 AM Re: Hello [Re: G-Scott]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
i have experienced the same problems you have.
you can talk to me.
welcome to the site.
glad you found it so early in your life.
i know it will help you.

War
Love
Poetry

#435426 - 05/22/13 02:43 AM Re: Hello [Re: G-Scott]
mattheal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
G,

Welcome. This is a great site. You are not alone. We understand what you are going through. You survived a hell most adults will never deal with. I hope you realize how much strength that took!

My son turned 7 last year, the age I was when the abuse started. All of it came flooding back, and I had to admit what happened to myself and have been working on my issues for a year now.

It does get better.
that the worst is all behind you
And the waves that tossed the raft all night
have set you on dry land
- The Mountain Goats - "Never Quite Free"

#435448 - 05/22/13 10:08 AM Re: Hello [Re: G-Scott]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: G-Scott
all of the memories of the abuse I can't seem to block out as I did as a child.
Many of us have managed to block out the memories for 30-40 years, and they wreaked havoc with our lives. You are to be commended for having the courage to start dealing with them at age 24
I suffer from depression and anxiety and I have a lot of issues.
Depression, anxiety, fear, anger, self-hatred, sexual confusion and dysfunction...the list goes on and on. We get it.
I seem as if I'm am disconnected to the world. I feel as a part of me has died and I can't truly be happy I can't truly trust people and I can't truly forgive people.
Feeling "different", feeling dead inside, never feeling happy, trust issues, forgiveness issues....most of us have been there.
I'm hoping by becoming a member of this wonderful site would help the healing process or just be able to talk to people whom may be experiencing the same problems I have.
You betcha. We're all here to support one another. You can share almost anything without fear of judgement or condemnation. Keep reading and posting buddy, you can make it through!

Jude
....it's life's illusions I recall, I really don't know life at all. "
Joni Mitchell

#435466 - 05/22/13 11:32 AM Re: Hello [Re: G-Scott]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/27/14 03:33 PM)

#437982 - 06/12/13 08:12 PM . [Re: G-Scott]
JoeSmith Offline

#437986 - 06/12/13 09:16 PM Re: Hello [Re: G-Scott]
Happythoughts Offline

I was sexually abused from the age of 6 till I was 8 years of age by a family friend. That horrible experience has been something I have kept a secret from my family and friends. I'm 24 years old now and all of the memories of the abuse I can't seem to block out as I did as a child. I suffer from depression and anxiety and I have a lot of issues. I seem as if I'm am disconnected to the world. I feel as a part of me has died and I can't truly be happy I can't truly trust people and I can't truly forgive people.

I'm 50years old and you just nailed what I am feeling everyday, hopefully I can get past it.... welcome

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.