Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
4 registered (pattom, Bardo, 2 invisible), 27 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63644 Topics
444492 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#435368 - 05/21/13 05:22 PM PTSD in Children and Teens
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
PTSD in Children and Teens

by US Dept of Veteran Affairs, Natl Center for PTSD

http://www.ptsd.va.gov/public/pages/ptsd-children-adolescents.asp

from MS in facebook

Originally Posted By: PTSD in Children and Teens in facebook

Dear Lala, My nine-year-old son was molested by a priest at his school. This man was essentially an extension of our family- trusted, loved, welcomed in our life and in our home. Since our discovery of the abuse, our son has become withdrawn and frequently wakes at night in what our pediatrician has labeled night terrors. We have a long road ahead, I know, but what can you tell me about my sonís hope for a normal future? Thanks for your help, Charles

Dear Charles, First of all, thank you for believing your son! With professional help and your love and support, there is every reason to hope for a bright future for your precious son. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder affects survivors in a variety of different ways. The following website offers insight into not only the causes but also the treatments and recovery strategies for children who suffer from PTSD. http://www.ptsd.va.gov/public/pages/ptsd-children-adolescents.asp Thank you for helping your son find his path to healing and also for the light you have shed on this topic for others! Best wishes for a bright tomorrow! Live in the light, Lala

Edited by pufferfish (05/21/13 05:25 PM)

#435381 - 05/21/13 07:41 PM Re: PTSD in Children and Teens [Re: pufferfish]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/27/14 03:32 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.