Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
2 registered (traveler, 1 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64189 Topics
447924 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#435253 - 05/20/13 01:08 PM Weird positive dream. WTF?
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Had a few dreams last night.

In 1 of them, I found myself complimenting myself; about how intelligent and funny and sexy I was. WTF!? I've never had a dream like that before. But it felt "normal" / "natural" within the context of the dream.

In another dream, I dreampt that someone I dated for 6 weeks had launched into a very ambitious art project involving an RV. I was surprised by how much he was able to accomplish because it required the cooperation and volunteer efforts of so many other people.

I know that this dream was probably a jealous replay of something I just recently witnessed - a kid in my area of expertise somehow wrangled together 40 some odd people to help him produce a short film. Many mixed feelings (including admiration jealousy) in the mix there.

All the things I could never have accomplished thanks to CSA and abuse. God dammit.

#435265 - 05/20/13 04:19 PM Re: Weird positive dream. WTF? [Re: Magellan]
Poorsoft Offline

Sounds like you've learned to love and trust yourself more.

Focus on what you have not acomplished and the world will cave in, but focus on the ones you have and you will build mountains.

#435271 - 05/20/13 05:10 PM Re: Weird positive dream. WTF? [Re: Magellan]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
That dream where it was normal/natural to feel good about yourself may be a portend* of things to come.

*Portend: A sign or warning that something momentous is likely to happen.

Jude
Left here on my own or so it seems
I've got to leave before I start to scream
Joe Cocker

#435370 - 05/21/13 05:38 PM Re: Weird positive dream. WTF? [Re: Magellan]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

The RV art project that requires cooperation could be about the different parts of your sub-conscience working together to aid in your recovery.

It's a good dream!

Cant

#435469 - 05/22/13 11:58 AM Re: Weird positive dream. WTF? [Re: Magellan]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
ANOTHER weird dream. I have to say this is a little disconcerting, if not extremely curious.

Last night I had a dream that I was the coach of some team, and I was getting ready to give a pre-match speech to my players, and I was trying to think of a way to get them riled up, psyched out, and close out with the "We will We will ROCK YOU!" chant.

Well, suffice it to say, I started giving a speech and about midway into it, the players started losing interest. And a bystander suggested I wrap it up because I was losing my audience and so I started looking for a way to segue into the chant.

I woke up as I started my feeble attempt at starting the chant.

Uh ... what?

This is really weird. I'm struggling with severe depression because I'm chronically lonely. I'm chronically lonely because I simply don't connect to people, and for the life of me, I don't know how to make friends. I mimick what I see other people doing, but no one wants to hang out with me.

I'm lost and clueless and so very angry and so very lonely and often on the edge of the cliff of exasperation and hopelessness.

And now I've had 2 dreams that indicate something else going on. I'm a little confused.

?

#435475 - 05/22/13 01:44 PM Re: Weird positive dream. WTF? [Re: Magellan]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey Magellan,

I've been having dreams lately, too. I think your other dreams were positive, but this dream is mixed. It's not a purely positive dream, but it does seem like very healthy subconscious work being done.

As you know, all the people in your dream are parts of yourself. So you are the coach, but you are also the team, and you are the person telling the coach to wrap it up.

In the sports analogy, there's only so much a coach can do. He can teach his players and coach his players, but it's the players that have to go out and win the game.

Your dream is telling you that you are having trouble communicating with yourself, despite your good attempts at doing so. Obviously, that's not the best thing in the world. (I have this trouble myself)

However, it does seem like good news that your mind is showing you this problem, to let you know that it is being worked on. The coach needs to find a way to listen to his team.

I have followed your posts for months, so I understand your struggles. They are similar to my own.

Happy dreaming, Magellan. Whatever you're doing, you're on the right track.

Cant

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.