Newest Members
MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise
12464 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blakanezebruh (43), OneWithStrength (37), Parker (45), scottyg (42)
Who's Online
5 registered (dan_in_newengland, I Want 2 Thrive, 3 invisible), 14 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12463 Members
74 Forums
63990 Topics
446625 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#434858 - 05/16/13 03:51 PM .
JoeSmith Offline

#435023 - 05/18/13 12:18 AM Re: My experience dealing with it [Re: JoeSmith]
focusedbody Offline

Loc: NY
Joe:

Your story is sad and clearly told. I am glad that you have found this place to speak about what happened.

It can be difficult to find people who understand the effect on young boys of these experiences. At first, it just doesn't seem like it is on their radar. With time and finding people you trust to speak to, I think it is possible to begin experiencing the kind of feedback that feels real. I hope you will find people here to converse with so that you are not alone.

Your account of an early childhood that is difficult for others to contemplate resonates with me. I also think that ultimately the subject of the developing sexuality of young boys becomes something we ourselves can't run away from, even when others seem unable to contemplate it along with us.

Please keep writing, sharing and yes...finding the courage to have hope. Although it can seem frightening to reach out, I believe having support aids our healing.

Focused

#435046 - 05/18/13 01:45 PM . [Re: JoeSmith]
JoeSmith Offline

#435115 - 05/19/13 02:45 AM Re: My experience dealing with it [Re: JoeSmith]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
all i can say is, i know exactly how you feel.
i experienced all the same emotions.
it hurts you.
it hurts me, too.
but if you're willing to put the pain out there,
i'm willing to take it.
thanks for sharing your story.

War
Love
Poetry

#435135 - 05/19/13 11:36 AM Re: My experience dealing with it [Re: JoeSmith]
Disappointed Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
Dear JoeSmith,
I'm female and an acquaintance of a male survivor, and constantly trying to understand. Please write whatever comes into your head, as many times and in as many different ways as you can! Because all of it gives badly-wanted insight.

Trying to get the dude to open up is a pain in the neck!

Thank you!
D.

#435145 - 05/19/13 02:59 PM . [Re: victor-victim]
JoeSmith Offline

#435146 - 05/19/13 03:02 PM . [Re: Disappointed]
JoeSmith Offline

#435540 - 05/22/13 11:08 PM Re: My experience dealing with it [Re: JoeSmith]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Originally Posted By: JoeSmith
Thank you Focused, I really appreciate your very insightful and thoughtful comments. I'm totally new to this type of sharing so half the time I think I must be making a complete fool out of myself, or saying too much or sounding like some crazy mad man, but I am trying the best I can to process all of these emotions and move forward in a positive direction. I'm glad that you and others understand! Thank you. Your support means more to me than I can say

Hi Joe. I'm glad you found MS and I'm glad you feel like it is helping. No, you don't sound like a "crazed madman". If you do, then we all do, but I don't think that is the case. What you sound like is a person whose sexuality was wounded at a very young age by people he should have been able to trust. It was not your fault and you did not deserve it.

Also, I can identify with your anger over how female sex offenders are viewed. Believe me, since I joined MS, I've probably sounded like a broken record on that issue in this forum. That's ok though, because it's an important issue that we are on the right side of and it can't be said enough. I hope you continue to share in the future. Take care. Peace,

Ken

#435875 - 05/26/13 01:10 PM Re: My experience dealing with it [Re: JoeSmith]
genedebs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MO
Hi Joe

I have been reading your posts, God ... Memories when they overwhelm really suck. The anger and rage doesn't need to be justified. But, you must be willing to be gentle with yourself.

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.