Newest Members
pjmd, j_f1974, Dan234racer, ajax, marmill252
12431 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mTm (55), Oz (28)
Who's Online
4 registered (I Want 2 Thrive, watzupwitu, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12431 Members
74 Forums
63838 Topics
445781 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 15 of 17 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 >
Topic Options
#435109 - 05/19/13 12:44 AM angry angst * TRIGGER WARNING [Re: victor-victim]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
anger is an energy

War
Love
Poetry

#435116 - 05/19/13 03:24 AM Pop Angst Playlist [Re: Farmer Boy]
victor-victim Offline

TRIGGERS in POP

War
Love
Poetry

#435222 - 05/20/13 02:38 AM Re: mental angst * TRIGGER WARNING [Re: victor-victim]
victor-victim Offline

War
Love
Poetry

#435337 - 05/21/13 07:54 AM Re: message to lee [Re: victor-victim]
Farmer Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
Originally Posted By: victor-victim

LEE -
is this not the ULTIMATE angst play list?

i have really enjoyed the music therapy of digging up these old songs that i used to cope. plus i discovered a few new ones that were overlooked or forgotten.

thanks to you, without whom i would never have done this.

i have learned a lot about myself as a result of this research. i actually feel as if this has been more helpful than the exchange of words on the forum.

double thank you.

i knew music was an important part of my life, i just never realized how important it was.

those songs i posted, with all their raw and brutal lyrics, were a great source of comfort and escape for me.

although, sometimes, i wonder how much they helped, and how much they hindered my healing process.

Victor - holy crap when I started this thread I thought I might get one or two songs from a couple of guys... what I got was a music history education. I have NEVER heard of at least half of the songs here. It certainly went somewhere I did not expect. Thank you so much for giving so much of yourself and sharing all the little bits and peices of your life along the way. Fascinating stuff!!! The mind boggles at the thought of how much time you must have put into this. Thank you.I have to admit that I haven't had time to listen to every song ... but I will definitely work my way through it. What I am glad of most of all is that you found it to be therapeutic and that it lead you to some soul searching.

I thank all the contributors for their input .... Will, Ken, Focused, Pero, Crazy Gecko and of course Victor-Victim.

It IS the ultimate angst playlist and I don't think it will ever be finished.

Quote:
i have learned a lot about myself as a result of this research. i actually feel as if this has been more helpful than the exchange of words on the forum.

There is something about music that cuts to the core...it reaches us on an emotional level that is hard to explain. For years the only way I ever felt any emotion was through music.

I was having a bit of a rough week after Mothers Day (long story) and was feeling a bit suicidal (don't panic just a bit and it passed as it does). What made it worse was I had this song 'Blackhole Sun' by Soundgarden on repeat in my head - for like a week and a half. Except the word 'rain' changed to 'pain' ... ' Black hole sun won't you come and wash away the PAIN' frown It is gone now...I think.

Guess I still have some angst in me.

Lee

#435340 - 05/21/13 08:54 AM Re: message to lee [Re: Farmer Boy]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
The only thing creepier than the downbeat dour music to Black Hole Sun is the video with its morphing-deforming people. GAH.

Another angsty / bitter songs: "Liar" by Rollins Band, and "Everybody Knows" by Leonard Cohen. That last one plays over the opening credits of the '80s movie Pump Up The Volume and I'd often rewatch the movie just for the song... it really spoke to me even though it gloomed the shit out of me.

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#435422 - 05/22/13 01:42 AM Re: message to lee [Re: SoccerStar]
victor-victim Offline

Originally Posted By: SoccerStar
The only thing creepier than the downbeat dour music to Black Hole Sun is the video with its morphing-deforming people. GAH.

Another angsty / bitter songs: "Liar" by Rollins Band, and "Everybody Knows" by Leonard Cohen. That last one plays over the opening credits of the '80s movie Pump Up The Volume and I'd often rewatch the movie just for the song... it really spoke to me even though it gloomed the shit out of me.

i posted both those songs a few pages back.
you have good taste.

War
Love
Poetry

#435794 - 05/25/13 08:39 PM cult angst [Re: Farmer Boy]
victor-victim Offline

hell's kitchen

War
Love
Poetry

#435796 - 05/25/13 08:45 PM smiths angst [Re: Farmer Boy]
victor-victim Offline

Originally Posted By: Farmer Boy

Naturally

here is an extremely dark song by the smiths

TRIGGER WARNING !

War
Love
Poetry

#435799 - 05/25/13 09:13 PM pink angst [Re: Farmer Boy]
victor-victim Offline

childhood's end

War
Love
Poetry

#435808 - 05/25/13 10:47 PM jackson family angst [Re: Farmer Boy]
victor-victim Offline

TRIGGERS!!

Jackson Family Angst?

Yes, indeed.

jackson family disclosures - not music

TRIGGER WARNING !

War
Love
Poetry

Page 15 of 17 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.