Newest Members
Jerone, teba, Serpenta, mojo, James M
12114 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
3 registered (CafeMan, 2 invisible), 77 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62502 Topics
438062 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#434731 - 05/15/13 10:47 AM My intro,
bcb00 Offline

I am a 36 year old who along with my brother (two years my senior) was molested by our uncle at an early age. I only remember tidbits of the abuse, having blocked most of my childhood until my family moved away when I was in the 3rd grade. My brother and I didn't talk about the abuse until we were in our 20's. Since then I have confided in very few people. When I was going through divorce with my wife we told my father about what had happened because I didn't want him to find out by her trying to use it against me through the divorce. I think telling my father was the hardest thing I ever did and it was all my brother and I could do to keep him from driving to our uncles house (my mothers brother, not his). The problems that I still confront everyday range from sexual identity to forgiveness (for my uncle and myself). There is so much more that I feel I need to share and will as time goes on.
Thanks for being here and providing this service to survivors.

#434755 - 05/15/13 01:41 PM Re: My intro, [Re: bcb00]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Welcome bcb00,

Glad to have you on board. Many of us here buried what was done to us as boys for years. The results that you describe in your life are familair to many of us.

The amazing thing about MS is that there are men here of all ages, backgrounds, sexual orientations, lifestyles, religions, and even from several countries. But we all have this one awful experience in common that unites us, and allows us to see that we're not alone in this. Heal well, and share when you feel comfortable. There's much to learn here and much to help others learn.

Jude
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown, the dream is gone
And I have become comfortably numb."
Pink Floyd

#434776 - 05/15/13 07:43 PM Re: My intro, [Re: bcb00]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
welcome. i hope you get well.

War
Love
Poetry

#434878 - 05/16/13 08:24 PM Re: My intro, [Re: bcb00]
toddop Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Hey bcb00,
So sorry to hear what happened to both you and your brother. But, welcome to MaleSurvivor. This is an amazing resource in terms of hearing other people's stories and struggles, and eventually posting your own if you decide to. It was my first step and was a tremendous help.

I recently disclosed to my mother, which was a pretty overwhelming experience, but very positive. I have yet to tell my brother, who I am very close to, and my father. They will both be really pissed (at the perpetrator), so I am not sure if I am ready for that, yet. I think I am still too angry myself, and don't want to add their anger to my plate, so to speak. And, I don't have the pressure to tell that you describe.

Anyway, I wish you good luck on your recovery and your journey.

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
-Albert Einstein

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.