Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, Sojourn Survivor, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63580 Topics
444204 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#434843 - 05/16/13 10:49 AM OraQuick
rlacrane Offline

Loc: New Jersey
I did something stupid and tested myself using OraQuick (I believe that's the name)...The result was a clear negative. Unfortunately, I came to find out that the expiration date on the box was over 2 months past. Should I still worry? I was scared to death to buy that test to begin with.

Edited by rlacrane (05/16/13 10:50 AM)

#434845 - 05/16/13 11:24 AM Re: OraQuick [Re: rlacrane]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Over 20 years poz here, fwiw.

Particularly in a state like NJ you have a lot of options for free, anonymous testing and follow up if the test comes back positive. A sensitive question, but it would also help to know why you believe you might be poz. Assault? Behavior? Symptoms?

PM me if you like. The guys will tell you I don't do "preachy"...been on the receiving end of it. It didn't help.

#435234 - 05/20/13 06:22 AM Re: OraQuick [Re: Lancer]
rlacrane Offline

Behavior (last July)...Thanks for responding...I suppose I can't rely on the results of that test...Are there symptoms I should be looking for?

#435252 - 05/20/13 12:45 PM Re: OraQuick [Re: rlacrane]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
I'll give an unscientific response Bobby and it's only my own unprofessional opinion. But I do have a little experience.

First, if the test was only expired two months, I'd say the result was likely accurate anyway. The anonymous screening would be your backup and I'd suggest you do it if only to ease your mind.

Secondly, as one of my favorite docs told me several years ago - though I don't know if I necessarily agree - some of us really have to work at getting HIV.

Third, symptoms come from your body's immune response to the HIV. It may be fever, fatigue, swollen lymph glands. But Google your own research from reputable sites.

I'll go back to #1. Just do the anonymous testing and, to quote "Hitchhiker's Guide"...Don't Panic. wink

#435331 - 05/21/13 06:16 AM Re: OraQuick [Re: Lancer]
rlacrane Offline

I'm very much obliged

#435892 - 05/26/13 05:40 PM Re: OraQuick [Re: rlacrane]
Davoice Offline

Loc: Western, New York
Poz now 31 years got it from my molester he didnt even know he had it it was too new however there are plenty of places to get tested it is always confidential and it is the responsible thing to do. if worse comes to worse you can always ask your primary physcian to order the test the next time you go for a physical.
remember Knowing is half the battle.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.