Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
4 registered (Suwanee, 86, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63175 Topics
441766 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#435332 - 05/21/13 06:36 AM Re: Gettin' The Hell Outta Dodge! (Pics and Vid!) [Re: BraveFalcon]
Farmer Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
I counted 6 'excuse me' s. Who knew you were so polite Ken. wink

And a lot of heavy breathing.

Looks like a truly beautiful part of the US.

Thanks for sharing.

Lee

#435334 - 05/21/13 07:22 AM Re: Gettin' The Hell Outta Dodge! (Pics and Vid!) [Re: BraveFalcon]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
That duzzit! I'm moving!

#435384 - 05/21/13 07:51 PM Re: Gettin' The Hell Outta Dodge! (Pics and Vid!) [Re: BraveFalcon]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/27/14 03:32 PM)

#435385 - 05/21/13 08:15 PM Re: Gettin' The Hell Outta Dodge! (Pics and Vid!) [Re: BraveFalcon]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
great pics. you're making me jealous.
have not been on a relax vacation for 20 years.
only business trips and working tours.
thanks for taking me with you up the lighthouse tower.

your video reminded me of a trip i took up a spiral staircase in a german cathedral way back when. this isn't my footage, but i found someone else's which is identical.

War
Love
Poetry

#435387 - 05/21/13 08:44 PM Re: Gettin' The Hell Outta Dodge! (Pics and Vid!) [Re: BraveFalcon]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
Ken, your pics are so awesome. I took my first visit to Savannah and Tybee in Oct '12... just last fall! Loved the vid of the lighthouse. I climbed all the way to the top and froze when I tried to step out at the top... incredible fear of heights. One of my fav places in the whole wide world. Thanks for sharing and glad you had such a wonderful trip.

#435388 - 05/21/13 08:51 PM Re: Gettin' The Hell Outta Dodge! (Pics and Vid!) [Re: BraveFalcon]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
...and thanks for letting me see the view from the top...I couldn't even step outside when I was there. I nervous just watching!!!

#435405 - 05/21/13 11:12 PM Re: Gettin' The Hell Outta Dodge! (Pics and Vid!) [Re: ThisMan]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Hi guys. Thanks for all the nice comments. I'm almost a little embarrassed that I sounded like I was about to die by the end of that video. I'm actually not in bad shape. I normally run about four miles at least two or three times a week and go to the gym on the other days. Something about charging up all those steep-ass stairs really kicked my ass though. Also, made my legs a little sore the next day.

Originally Posted By: ThisMan
Ken, your pics are so awesome. I took my first visit to Savannah and Tybee in Oct '12... just last fall! Loved the vid of the lighthouse. I climbed all the way to the top and froze when I tried to step out at the top... incredible fear of heights. One of my fav places in the whole wide world. Thanks for sharing and glad you had such a wonderful trip.

Hi Bill. How cool that you've been there! Will, (Suwanee) has been there to, so that makes three of us. Small world kind of stuff, considering that Tybee is a relatively small community and not a well known vacation destination.

Yeah, I can understand why you wouldn't want to go out on that little balcony if you're afraid of heights. I'm a little bit afraid of heights myself and it made me a little nervous to go out there. (Hence my comment when I walked out the door.) High places always look a lot higher from the top than they do from the bottom. Isn't it weird how that works? Here's a few more pics from the top.

#435409 - 05/21/13 11:33 PM Re: Gettin' The Hell Outta Dodge! (Pics and Vid!) [Re: BraveFalcon]
Suwanee Online   content
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
Ken,

Yeah, thanks for the pics and video. I forgot to ask you to spill a drop from your drink in homage to my ancestors----the ones who grew hemp (!) on Tybee in 17-dickety whatever year.

I hope you got a needed break from the grind.

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#435410 - 05/21/13 11:38 PM Re: Gettin' The Hell Outta Dodge! (Pics and Vid!) [Re: Suwanee]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Ken

Thanks for the pictures. Some of them I think I saw on facebook. Very pretty.

Puffer

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.