Newest Members
MG5555, ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128
12506 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Moriji (44), Nicos (48), weharry1959 (55)
Who's Online
5 registered (highflight, Scott1962, ninjasm, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12506 Members
74 Forums
64205 Topics
448050 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#434801 - 05/15/13 11:19 PM Gettin' The Hell Outta Dodge! (Pics and Vid!)
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Hi guys. Well, tomorrow I embark on a five day vacation I'm taking with my parents. After I get up tomorrow, I will head to my father's office, about an hour and a half away from here. From there we will head to Tybee Island, GA, about a four hour drive from my dad's office. To save money on gas, I'm leaving my car at the office and riding down with them.

This will be the first time since I was about 14 that I will ride in my parent's car with them on a vacation. I'm thinking I should demand coloring books and crayons to have in the back seat with me and perhaps sing a round or two of 100 bottles of beer, just to annoy them. LOL! I suppose at least I'll have my mom's 2 year old Chihuahua, Rita, to keep me company in the back seat.

I need this vacation badly, guys. Things have been building up in my mind lately and the stress of my life has really been getting to me. I have been having more emotional outbursts lately, more flashes of rage at inappropriate times, etc. Some of this has been related to the types of issues I talk to you guys about here, some of it has been related to the issues I'm afraid to talk about even here, and a lot of it is just the normal stress of living, working and commuting every day in a big city. In a way, all of those things kind of wind up all twisted tightly together in one big, ugly ball of tension, anger and anxiety that festers and simmers and churns inside my head, sucking little bits of my soul away, every single day.

As much as I need this vacation, I'm afraid it won't help much in the long run. Part of me feels like I'm going to get back home on Monday and find myself emotionally right where I was when I left. Yeah, getting away from the stress of the city and my job for nearly a week will be nice. It will help to decompress, I know that. These other things I can't get away from though. They follow me everywhere I go. I could go to the most peaceful, stress-free environment on earth and they would still be there, clawing away at me from the inside. Especially the worst thing. The thing I sometimes refer to as "the curse". It is always there and it always will be there. I can not escape it, no matter where I go. Fucking hell.

Blah, blah, blah...

So, Friday night on Tybee Island is the Beach Bum Parade. It's basically the world's largest water gun fight. It's a normal parade, only everyone who comes brings a water gun, all the people on the floats have water guns, and they all just run around blasting one another. I've been to a few of them before and it's quite a release. Talk about therapeutic!

Beach Bum Parade

The rest of my time there I'm just going to spend drinking margaritas and beer on the beach. No open container laws on Tybee, so.... YIPPIE! There are no glass bottles allowed but other than that you can drink whatever you want in public. Hell, there's even a bar right on the pier!

Anyway, I'm bringing my laptop so I will have access to MS but I probably won't be able to post or PM that much. I will try to post some pics though if and when I get a chance. If and when I do, I'll just post them in this thread. Talk at y'all laters. Peace,

Ken

Edited by BraveFalcon (05/19/13 12:18 AM)

#434821 - 05/16/13 04:08 AM Re: Gettin' The Hell Outta Dodge! (Sort Of) [Re: BraveFalcon]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hey Ken, wow, you have some nice plan for vacation.
I wish you super time, please forget about problems and all of us here and come back recharged with energy wink

PS. don't forget to give all what you have in yourself during that water gun fight, lol.

#434876 - 05/16/13 08:04 PM Re: Gettin' The Hell Outta Dodge! (Sort Of) [Re: peroperic2009]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Have a good vacation.

Puffer

#434879 - 05/16/13 08:30 PM Re: Gettin' The Hell Outta Dodge! (Sort Of) [Re: BraveFalcon]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
Ken,

I know Tybee well!

I hope you can relax for a while...and recharge a bit. Too bad Teeples in Thunderbolt is no more. You can't help but miss a restaurant that shoves steamed crabs at you so you can devour them and then push the shells into the hole in the middle of the table.

Have fun otherwise...and focus on the beach.

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#434886 - 05/16/13 09:39 PM Re: Gettin' The Hell Outta Dodge! (Sort Of) [Re: BraveFalcon]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Bring one of those super-duper SuperSoakers, the ones with the water backpack so you look like a Ghostbuster. Be that guy.

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of Heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#434900 - 05/16/13 11:16 PM Re: Gettin' The Hell Outta Dodge! (Sort Of) [Re: BraveFalcon]
DavoSwim Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Iowa, USA
Ken,
Have a good time. Keep an open mind and maybe you will find yourself refreshed once you get back home. Regardless, don't think about it - enjoy the fun of your trip.

DavO

#435097 - 05/19/13 12:13 AM Gettin' The Hell Outta Dodge! (Pics and Vid!) [Re: BraveFalcon]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Ok, I said I'd post some pics of my vacation, so here some are.....

This place is Huc-A-Poo's, a favorite of the locals of Tybee Island and also one of my favorite places on the island to eat. If you ever find yourself on Tybee Island, GA and you want some amazing pizza, Huc-a-poos is the place. No, I don't know who those guys sitting at the bar are.

Tybee Beach.

The Tybee Island Pier.

No open container laws here and they have a bar right on the pier. (It's on the left of the picture. ) Expensive though. I paid eight fucking dollars for a margarita!

Margaritas are meant to be enjoyed on the beach!

Views from thee pier.

Venturing into the ocean.... a little.

Edited by BraveFalcon (05/19/13 12:19 AM)

#435098 - 05/19/13 12:14 AM Gettin' The Hell Outta Dodge! (Pics and Vid!) [Re: BraveFalcon]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

The sun setting over the back river on the inland side of the island. My aunt and uncle live about four blocks away from where I took this. Now all I need is to pick the right lottery numbers and I can move here to. After that, just shoot me a PM if and when you want to visit. LOL!

Salt marsh on the back of the island.

The Lighthouse on Tybee Island and the view from the top.

Edited by BraveFalcon (05/19/13 12:19 AM)

#435099 - 05/19/13 12:17 AM Gettin' The Hell Outta Dodge! (Pics and Vid!) [Re: BraveFalcon]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Yes, this is me taking the video! smile

Edited by BraveFalcon (05/19/13 12:26 AM)

#435330 - 05/21/13 05:28 AM Re: Gettin' The Hell Outta Dodge! (Pics and Vid!) [Re: BraveFalcon]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Great photos and video Ken, when I've seen it I felt like I was there wink
Thanks!

Pero

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.