Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
3 registered (Shockwave, unhappycamper, Cthulhu), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63208 Topics
441980 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#434652 - 05/14/13 01:30 PM Tick Season
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Hey,

Its tick season in the northeast. They are a problem, not just because the little buggers are icky. They carry Lyme Disease and transmit it thru their bites. We've been picking them off our dogs, and one of the dogs just tested positive for Lyme.

Now in the category of "Everything Happens To Me", yesterday I found a tick on me.......its head buried in my flesh, sucking my blood, its body engorged.........in my pubic hair. UGGHH. I called my wife and told her...expecting some sympathy. All she wanted to know was how the hell did I get one down there? WTF, like I went running naked thru the woods? Rolling in dog shit? Having sex with a bear? I DON'T KNOW HOW IT GOT DOWN THERE!

I just can't win.

Jude
....it's life's illusions I recall, I really don't know life at all. "
Joni Mitchell

#434687 - 05/14/13 08:41 PM Re: Tick Season [Re: Jude]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

I fucking hate ticks! I found one embedded in my right hip about two and a half months ago after helping my dad out with some yard work and it only just stopped itching about two weeks ago. Nothing itches as badly or for as long as a tick bite. Fortunately, the kind that bit me was a dog tick, not a deer tick, and dog ticks are not generally known to carry disease.

Sorry to hear about your dog. What's the prognosis? Is that something that can be easily treated? Don't know much about how Lyme Disease affects humans or animals.

Originally Posted By: Jude
WTF, like I went running naked thru the woods? Rolling in dog shit? Having sex with a bear? I DON'T KNOW HOW IT GOT DOWN THERE!

Oh c'mon man, just admit you had sex with the damn bear! It's ok, we all need to get a little bear fucking out of our systems every once in a while. It's only natural. smile Peace,

Ken

#434736 - 05/15/13 11:12 AM Re: Tick Season [Re: BraveFalcon]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: BraveFalcon
Oh c'mon man, just admit you had sex with the damn bear! It's ok, we all need to get a little bear fucking out of our systems every once in a while. It's only natural. smile

Well, okay...but it was a FEMALE bear.........totally straight here. LOL

Jude
....it's life's illusions I recall, I really don't know life at all. "
Joni Mitchell

#434751 - 05/15/13 12:56 PM Re: Tick Season [Re: Jude]
DavoSwim Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Iowa, USA
Jude

When people talk of men having an attraction for bears, I don't think this is what they mean.

DavO

#434753 - 05/15/13 01:08 PM Re: Tick Season [Re: Jude]
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
We get a TON of ticks around here... Especialy out in the fields surrounded by woods

you know your in a bad spot for ticks when you look down and your jeans have turned black

I've had them just about everywhere imaginable - they love skin folds and crawling into tight clothing (yes - even underwear)

I hate it when one is stuck in a spot that I can't reach (or a very sensitive spot)

Vets can treat animals with Lymes - they normaly make a full recovery if caught early enough

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#434782 - 05/15/13 09:04 PM Re: Tick Season [Re: Jude]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Originally Posted By: Jude

Well, okay...but it was a FEMALE bear.........totally straight here. LOL

Yeah, most female bears are total whores. It's not uncommon for them to give people ticks. Also crabs. Might wanna get checked. Peace,

Ken

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.