Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
3 registered (VASurvivor, woodenshoes, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63402 Topics
443276 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#432306 - 04/24/13 08:17 PM Favorite childhood stories
SonOfaSoldier Offline

Loc: Minnesota
I figured something like this would be fun and much needed. I'm starting this thread as a place to share stories from our youth that we laugh about or brag about. Humor is your friend. Humor likes friends. XD

Anyway I have a couple to start off with. My first is pretty hilarious (though I don't think THEY thought so) but please keep an open mind about my "birth defect".

Ok so it was summer and mom took the troop camping. And yes, it was girl scouts... Anyway, I decided that my toy snake Slither wanted to come with too. This shake looks real as hell so unless you got a close look at it you wouldn't tell it was fake. Well, the girls were gathered around looking and giggling at something that I never knew what it was and I ran to my tent and came back waving the fake snake in the air shouting "hey look I found a snake! I found a snake!" The girls then screamed like banshees and ran off in different directions. I chased a few of them until mom saw what I was up to. I got in trouble and the rest of the troop hated me, but the hilarity was worth it at the time XD.

Yeah, I was a brat. So my next story is my all time fave. Best fishing day ever!

Grandpa took me and dad fishing down on some river shore one day. Nice, warm day too. Few clouds but otherwise sunny. A bit towards the time we left I caught a fish and was reeling it in when grandpa said he too caught a fish. We both swear up and down we got the two hugest fish in the river and completely disregard that we are having an incredibly easy time reeling our fish in. When we pull our lines up we suddenly realize that there's only one fish, and two hooks in its mouth. LOL grandpa and I caught the same fish at the same time. This one definitely DIDN'T get away XD. Grandpa said it was a northern Pike, but itbwas too small by a bit to eat. We let it go.

So that's my fishing story and brat brag. I have a story of how I accidentally caught a fish. Ill tell that later.

#433692 - 05/06/13 03:35 AM Re: Favorite childhood stories [Re: SonOfaSoldier]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
so nice to hear some happy childhood memories here.

this thread is a good idea.

do you have more fun stories to tell.
please keep them coming.

i will try to think of some...
can't remember any...

War
Love
Poetry

#434653 - 05/14/13 01:34 PM Re: Favorite childhood stories [Re: SonOfaSoldier]
victor-victim Offline

i very young. don't even remember how young. one of the last times i ever saw my grandmother. way back in the early 1960's.
i was about 4. i was out in the yard following my step-grandfather around as he did his hunter-fisher-farmerlike duties. mostly animal stuff. he was always busy ignoring me.

so i climbed on the barb wire fence, which collapsed, and i got cut up. he was mad that i broke his fence and now he had to fix it. i cried about my cut hands. what he said to me, in his italian accent, stuck with me for the rest of my life...

"you no like-a da pain, you no take-a da risk".

i never forgot it, and i still live by that wisdom. i thought hard, and that is about the happiest childhood memory i have. it is more funny than happy, but i cherish it as a learning experience.

War
Love
Poetry

#434903 - 05/16/13 11:41 PM Re: Favorite childhood stories [Re: SonOfaSoldier]
victor-victim Offline

not many memories make me feel better than this one,
especially when it means i get to spend the next half hour in 1960's gotham city.

green hornet... another hero show i loved.

and these adventure escape shows

this is my "happy" childhood.

tv. pretty sad.
it's all i had.

is there no one out there in survivor land that has some favorite childhood stories that do not include or involve television?

War
Love
Poetry

#435006 - 05/17/13 09:08 PM Re: Favorite childhood stories [Re: SonOfaSoldier]
DavoSwim Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Iowa, USA
Up until the age of 11, I had an idyllic childhood. It was post War America and a time of tremendous economic growth. I was the last of the baby boomers and it was the middle of the Cold War. I had a great set of parents. When I was five I got a battery operated triceratops for Christmas. I had so much fun with that. On my sixth birthday I got a model of the horse Little Joe rode on Bonanza. That year at Christmas I got a model of Air Force One. When I was 8 my dad got a job with NASA and we moved to Cleveland. We would go watch the planes land at the airport. Every week I would check out books from the Cuyahoga County Library. That was the year of the moon landing and my dad bought us these cardboard models of the lunar module. We would lower them from the balcony of our apartment to the ground simulating the descent to the moon's surface. We also made a space capsule out of cardboard boxes and pretended we were orbiting the earth. I had my first crush that year. It was my swimming lesson instructor who was a college girl- a co-ed. I couldn't explain the tingling in my groin I got when I was around her but I liked it. After that year we moved when my dad took a professorship at a university. I had crushes on my teachers Miss Burgess in third grade and Miss Peterson in fourth. I thought i had a chance with them and plotted how I would ask them to marry me.One fond memory is breaking my arm 3 times trying new stunts like walking on top of a jungle gym, jumping off the roof of our house and running into a tree while sledding standing up. I also took pride in being an altar boy. I was on top of the list, the one chosen to serve Midnight Mass on Christmas or the Easter Vigil. The last fun memory from childhood was climbing pikes peak(albeit in a tram,) visiting the Air Force Academy and just enjoying camping in the woods of Colorado. The next school year it all ended, that's when the priest held me down pulled down my pants and jacked me off. Soon after a neighborhood kid showed me what men and women did and talked me into pulling down my pants so we could rub our dicks together. He then told me this is when the man puts it in the woman. He never truly put it in. Another friend and I would beat off on sleepovers. I went from the greatest possible childhood to one filled with agony, anger and confusion. Three male to male sexual experiences before I knew what I really wanted. It's funny, Don Maclean's American Pie was a hit at that time. The Day The Music Died was a fitting verse to my life at that time.

DavO

#435018 - 05/17/13 10:52 PM Re: Favorite childhood stories [Re: DavoSwim]
victor-victim Offline

Dear DavoSwim,

thanks for reminding me about one of my few happy childhood memories.
of course it has to do with television.

i was a huge apollo 11 fan.
watching the moon landing was a pivotal moment of joy and wonder.
bought the toys, flags, models, coins, plaques, posters, magazines, all the collector souvenirs.

this memory of "being there" meant so much to me,
i still cannot research or examine the "fake moonwalk" theories with an open mind.
now that rolf harris has been arrested for child abuse...
it seems i am running out of untainted innocent memories.
apollo 11 is one happy memory i am not willing to part with so easy.
i would prefer it was real footage, but who knows anything anymore?

War
Love
Poetry

#436653 - 06/03/13 09:13 AM Re: Favorite childhood stories [Re: SonOfaSoldier]
marrkkked Offline

Loc: New York
I do not remember my past stories any more actually my childhood was not so fantastic but I was self dependent.

#436656 - 06/03/13 09:31 AM Re: Favorite childhood stories [Re: SonOfaSoldier]
newground Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: michigan
I have to say that the thought of space flight like so many other things scared me to death I used to say "I'm not going anywhere that you have to bring your own air!" But that being said dad used to build model rockets and we all would launch them together and then try to go and find them or get them out of the trees. my most favorite memories involve just being outside playing with my brother and my friends as a very little boy when things seemed innocent. we were self dependent too, it didn't always work out to my good, but we did have adventures
Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!"
Herman Melville

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.