Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
1 registered (AdawgJR), 29 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63171 Topics
441740 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#434513 - 05/12/13 07:12 PM not letting perp win *triggers
takingitslow Offline

Loc: UK
My law school finals start in 12hrs 50mins. I'm not feeling great/bit suicidal/bouts of confidence and sinking negative thoughts of underperforming and potential failure.

But you know what....

FUCK YOU PERP YOU WILL NOT HAVE ANOTHER VICTORY TODAY.

I'M GOING TO DO THE IMPOSSIBLE AND PULL MY SHIT TOGETHER.

off to library now no sleep just sheer determination, anger and lunacy to drag me through this.

Dan.

#434514 - 05/12/13 07:29 PM Re: not letting perp win *triggers [Re: takingitslow]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
go gentle on yourself, Dan.

good luck on your exams.

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#434519 - 05/12/13 08:11 PM Re: not letting perp win *triggers [Re: takingitslow]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
Dan - supporting you in thoughts and prayers,
Lee
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#434538 - 05/13/13 12:28 AM Re: not letting perp win *triggers [Re: takingitslow]
takingitslow Offline

Thanks for the wishes of encouragement. 7hrs 15mins until exam starts hit a wall of concentration/ feel pretty flat. Done a lot of reading just hope my mind can be calm and collective later on.

Dan

#434542 - 05/13/13 02:46 AM Re: not letting perp win *triggers [Re: takingitslow]
takingitslow Offline

feeling horrendously bad. So now I've resorted to pepsi and red bull. Exam in 5hrs. Fucking depression has crippled me all year and now I'm staring down the barrel of a fail/low mark. Really need a fucking miracle. But Im getting high as a kite on sugar rush so who knows i'll sit the exam. Probably fail as my headfuck at the moment but better to try and fail than not turn up.

Dan

#434544 - 05/13/13 03:33 AM Re: not letting perp win *triggers [Re: takingitslow]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
slow down, man.
follow your own username!
breathe - slow and deep.
picture yourself in a peaceful place.
don't talk yourself into failing before you even give it your best shot.
so you need a miracle? they do still happen.
i could tell you a great story about my daughter - but no time to write it out now. it is truly amazing.
you can do this.

believing in you,
lee
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#434554 - 05/13/13 09:47 AM Re: not letting perp win *triggers [Re: takingitslow]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: takingitslow
Probably fail as my headfuck at the moment but better to try and fail than not turn up.

I can't know whether or not you will fail; but I do know that its not all or nothing. This isn't your last chance for success, so if you don't pass this time, just pick your ass up off the floor and start over. Most people don't have the kinds of obstacles to success that you are up against: CSA, depression, anger, anxiety. You can be proud of every little step forward. Just making it this far is a miracle, and there's more in store for you. Believe it.

jude
....it's life's illusions I recall, I really don't know life at all. "
Joni Mitchell

#434555 - 05/13/13 10:23 AM Re: not letting perp win *triggers [Re: takingitslow]
BuffaloCO Offline

Loc: USA
Dan, there are a lot of good thoughts here. My T has told me get up or give up. If I choose to give up they will win, and Im not going to let that happen again no matter what. You are strong Brother!

#434561 - 05/13/13 12:07 PM Re: not letting perp win *triggers [Re: takingitslow]
takingitslow Offline

It went ok thankfully. Questions were generous didnt fail. So damage limitation move onto Thursday. Shattered now need a sleep but adrenaline still kicking in as I was really having bad panic attacks all morning.

Cheers for all the messages means a lot.

Dan

#434564 - 05/13/13 12:26 PM Re: not letting perp win *triggers [Re: takingitslow]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hurray Dan. Bravo man!
You conquered this challenge in victorious style!
Now try to get some sleep and deserved rest wink

Pero

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.