Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cja (49), crackerjack (55), nursemanda25 (33)
Who's Online
4 registered (Greg56, Going forward, tbkkfile, 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63403 Topics
443292 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#434256 - 05/10/13 10:16 AM Re: my last day [Re: traveler]
TMan1394 Offline

Loc: USA
Hey Lee,
I'm fairly new here but I can relate to your story. I taught Special Ed in a school for children with Autism and it was the best job of my life. Met some amazing students and their families and got to be a part of some incredible moments of my students accomplishments which still make me smile and get teary eyed. I also made a lot of life long friends when I was there and their support helped me a lot. I think character shows more than anything and from what I read about you and your story, your genuine desire to help and make a better life for your students is what you'll be remembered for.
My circumstances where a little different but it was the administration and the fact that this place I had loved became toxic. I had to put my health and healing first. I remember my last days and day very clearly now and you put your feelings and honesty into words better then I was able to even think to myself when I had to leave and was devastated, which shows your strength even in such a difficult period.
All I can say is the other brothers on here are right. Remember all the good you did for your students, remember it takes a lot of heart, work and compassion to be a great teacher and from what I've read I can tell you made a huge, positive impact in a lot of your students lives. Be proud of that. I don't know your life story but from the support you've received it sounds to me like your a true survivor and great caring guy. Take care of yourself one day at a time brother. T

#434258 - 05/10/13 11:11 AM Re: my last day [Re: traveler]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/27/14 03:02 PM)

#434259 - 05/10/13 11:15 AM Re: my last day [Re: traveler]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'm so sorry it had to end this way...I can imagine it's such a painful way to leave, but I hope in time as you heal (as you've always done, from what I can tell), you'll be able to look back at the good, even awesome memories that you've made with your time there and being with your students, and that will one day overcome the hurt you've experienced from all this injustice.

#434261 - 05/10/13 11:40 AM Re: my last day [Re: traveler]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Lee, I can't even begin to imagine the mix of emotions you and your wife must be feeling right now. I had some hope about the administration when they "apologized" on another matter a few months ago. But this situation with your wife really showed their true colors.

I'll just echo what many others have said about what the kids will have gained from both of you. And, in the midst of the pain you're feeling, it's something about which you can both be proud. fwiw, this administration will continue to reap it's own karma - about which they're likely clueless - probably in ways none of us can foresee.

Please keep us updated {{{{{{{{{{{{{{Lee & wife}}}}}}}}}}}}}

#434267 - 05/10/13 12:49 PM Re: my last day [Re: traveler]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
Lee,

I am so sorry you have had to deal with the pain and emotion this situation has caused for both you and your wife. It is hard to turn away from something or the someones (your students) that you so dearly love. I find it inspiring to know that you are the quality of teacher that you are, and the quality of spirit that you encompass and let flow forth for us to witness. It touches all of us.

That comes through so clearly in the postings dealing with what they have done to you. How you thought of the students and continued through to take them to the production and the art shows. It shows the character of man that you are. And you were correct, the students needed you to complete that with them. They are the reason teachers teach. It truly brought a tear to my eyes when I read your private moment of the breakdown. I can relate to losing that trust in the school setting.

And I comment you for having your stopping point. Good on you for requesting the subs and letting them know that they have grievously injured both you and your wife. And by no longer being there each day, the children will also learn that people must be accountable for the damage they do by rumor to others. It is hard for you. And I am thinking of you. And I return the many hugs you have bestowed upon me. The best of the best.
((((Lee)))).

b

#434270 - 05/10/13 01:55 PM Re: my last day [Re: traveler]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

((((( Lee )))))

You have been such a good responder to my pain here at MS, that I hate to see you in pain without any real means to help.

Other than, as our brothers have expressed above, to communicate my love for you to you and to let you know that there is rebirth in death sometimes.

Like Bruce Springsteen says on the Nebraska album:

"Everything dies, baby. That's a fact / But of everything that dies, some things come back."

We love you, brother.

Cant

#434427 - 05/12/13 12:15 AM Re: my last day [Re: traveler]
focusedbody Offline

Loc: NY
Lee:

Sorry to hear that all this has happened. It seems that you are nonetheless clear that it is not a good place to be anymore.

When I started teaching last year, there were days when it was all I could do to not fly out of my skin. There were so many feelings as I gazed into the faces in front of me, that I would lose track.

A good teacher gives all. In those moments when you really want to guide your students, you can be the most vulnerable. You (and your wife) need to be in a place that supports you. I hope you will find the strength and bravery to take the next steps to finding a place deserving of your courage.

FB

#434522 - 05/12/13 08:23 PM Re: my last day [Re: traveler]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Thank you, men, for all the kind words. I wish I had time to reply to you each of you individually - but we are getting ready to move internationally - by the end of this month. I was truly overwhelmed by the number of responses and the affirming, validating and encouraging messages. It made me cry all over again but in a good way. You are all amazing. I really needed that kind of support. It was very healing.

I feel honored to be a part of this community.
Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#434523 - 05/12/13 08:55 PM Re: my last day [Re: traveler]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I am happy that your wife was exonerated but feel pain that you have suffered and lost trust in the school. Anything to do with CSA only creates distrust and hurt. It has to be painful for you. Try to stay strong and this may be an opportunity for you to begin anew, leaving behind painful and hurtful memories. You deserve to be in a safe place.

Stay well

Kevin

#467446 - 07/10/14 03:20 PM Re: my last day [Re: traveler]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
time for an update:

after the false accusations of physical and emotional abuse of a student against my wife were proven unfounded, we resigned and left the school, our home, and the country in Asia where we had been teaching. we also resigned from the organization we had been working for. the school has since broken away from the larger network that was controlling and mistreating the staff at the branch where we taught. they have instituted new , more fair and balanced policies. so some good has come of it.

we came back to the US a year ago and have been resting, recuperating, and healing. we have spent some good time with family and friends.

we had some counseling and career assessment. turns out we should be doing just exactly what we have been doing. so in March we listed with a placement service for international schools and started looking for new positions to fill. we were invited to come to about a dozen places - on every continent except Antarctica.

we have accepted offers in Africa that sound just right for both of us and have been preparing to start in August. If all goes well, we will leave at the end of this month. we are hopeful and excited and trying not to be overly defensive, but open to new friendships.

i have no idea how much access we'll have to internet - i hear it is spotty and power outages are frequent. so my involvement may be more limited in the future. but i will check in as often as i can.

a year ago i had no idea what the future held. the past year has been one of reassessment, growth, healing, clarification, changes, ends and new beginnings.

i am ready to move on.
LEE
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.