Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
4 registered (GT13568, 3 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64189 Topics
447912 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#434209 - 05/10/13 05:17 AM My theme song
Life's A Dream Offline

Loc: Bouvet Island
My fucking theme song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_KIJGCqZz8

I swear

#434216 - 05/10/13 06:45 AM Re: My theme song [Re: Life's A Dream]
Life's A Dream Offline

Pretty pathetic for someone who may very well have only been molested once, at the age of 3, very briefly, by a 9 year old girl. Or testament to the fact that even once is enough to destroy you. I don't know. This version sucks. Here's the better version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXGUQ9kP7CA

#434260 - 05/10/13 11:21 AM Re: My theme song [Re: Life's A Dream]
Poorsoft Offline

Lyrics
It's the first day of spring
And my life is starting over again
The trees grow, the river flows
And its water will wash away my sins
For I do believe that everyone has one chance
To fuck up their lives
But like a cut down tree, I will rise again
And I'll be bigger and stronger than ever before

For I'm still here hoping that one day you may come back

There's a hope in every new seed
And every flower that grows upon the earth
And though I love you, and you know that
Well I no longer know what that's worth
But I'll come back to you in a year or so
And I'll rebuild, be ready to become
Oh the person, you believed in
Oh the person, that you used to love

#434264 - 05/10/13 11:46 AM Re: My theme song [Re: Life's A Dream]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
Hey, as far as I recall, I was "only" raped once, and I have yet to figure out how upset one is "supposed" to be, more than 50 years afterward. Trauma means injury, so you can only measure it by its effects on the injured person--not just by looking at how it was inflicted.

Good song, BTW!

John

#434266 - 05/10/13 12:22 PM Re: My theme song [Re: Life's A Dream]
genedebs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MO
Hey unhappycamper and Lifes a dream

Yes, trauma is trauma. Rape is rape, and assault is a violent invasion.
We all have different stories and we all are just the same.

You come to this site for support and acceptance. We offer that or at least we try to.

Edited by genedebs (05/10/13 12:23 PM)

#434273 - 05/10/13 02:29 PM Re: My theme song [Re: Life's A Dream]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
Incredible song, lad. Just incredible. Sometimes I wonder if I will be missed by others. I just do. But right now, alone is a very safe place I NEED.

And "The First Days of Spring".... beautiful song...hope and renewal and promise for the new ... what else can we ask for? I love redbuds and dogwoods and daffodils... and 50 shades of green in the hills as the world renews and comes alive.

And this thread just spoke to me in its entirety.....

"Yes, trauma is trauma. Rape is rape, and assault is a violent invasion.
We all have different stories and we all are just the same. "
...nothing else to say. This sums it up.

... on a side note.
it was the first day of spring a few years ago that my spouse passed away. Sort of a trigger.

#434300 - 05/10/13 08:01 PM Re: My theme song [Re: Life's A Dream]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Dear God.

LAD, you continue to be my little brother.

When I was in college, say 22 to 24 years old, Palace Music's Days in the Wake was my constant companion. "You Will Miss Me When I Burn" is the first song on Days.

I eventually put all of my Palace/Oldham/Bonnie Billy music aside because I felt it was bad for me psychologically. That is, while Will Oldham's voice certainly speaks to the wounded part of me, it also indulges that part of me to the detriment of the functional parts of me that I need to keep going.

Would now be a good time to tell you that Will Oldham and I are casual acquaintances with mutual friends? And that I saw Oldham at a bar about a month ago, and we nodded at each other on my way out the door?

How do you think he would feel if I told him: A) Your voice and music might have saved my life during a tough period, and B) I have subsequently not listened to your work for years because I felt like your songs indulged parts of me that didn't need indulging?

I once got thrown out of the Bowery Ballroom in NYC for smoking a joint with Will Oldham and his band. The bartender looked at me square in the eyes and said, "Are you *CRAZY*?" But then like an hour later, I was at Will Oldham's secret show in Brooklyn, singing along to a song at the top of my lungs and the guy in front of me turned around and said, "Hey, I came to hear him sing it, not you."

So, yes, I feel you for feeling a connection to Will Oldham's songs. But also, be careful. I recommend a steady diet of Wilco and Flaming Lips.

Cant

#434443 - 05/12/13 02:56 AM Re: My theme song [Re: unhappycamper]
Life's A Dream Offline

Originally Posted By: unhappycamper
Hey, as far as I recall, I was "only" raped once, and I have yet to figure out how upset one is "supposed" to be, more than 50 years afterward. Trauma means injury, so you can only measure it by its effects on the injured person--not just by looking at how it was inflicted.

Good song, BTW!

John

Well, yeah but you're talking about rape. Not an older child fondling you a little for a few moments. But actually, your rebuke still remains. I shouldn't minimize anything. See, though, you KNOW you were raped. I've only heard the story from my mom that this girl molested me. My older brother (who my mom says was in the room, and who my mom says told her the girl was touching me) contradicts that, and says he was alone with this girl in our closet and I wasn't even in the room. I guess my mom would know better than him. She says she remembers it quite clearly. But I don't remember it, see. What I have flashbacks and nightmares about is a grown man. So, nothing makes any sense. It's all one big frustrating enigma that has been mocking and taunting me for the last 2 years now.

#434444 - 05/12/13 02:59 AM Re: My theme song [Re: cant_remember]
Life's A Dream Offline

Originally Posted By: cant_remember
Dear God.

LAD, you continue to be my little brother.

When I was in college, say 22 to 24 years old, Palace Music's Days in the Wake was my constant companion. "You Will Miss Me When I Burn" is the first song on Days.

I eventually put all of my Palace/Oldham/Bonnie Billy music aside because I felt it was bad for me psychologically. That is, while Will Oldham's voice certainly speaks to the wounded part of me, it also indulges that part of me to the detriment of the functional parts of me that I need to keep going.

Would now be a good time to tell you that Will Oldham and I are casual acquaintances with mutual friends? And that I saw Oldham at a bar about a month ago, and we nodded at each other on my way out the door?

How do you think he would feel if I told him: A) Your voice and music might have saved my life during a tough period, and B) I have subsequently not listened to your work for years because I felt like your songs indulged parts of me that didn't need indulging?

I once got thrown out of the Bowery Ballroom in NYC for smoking a joint with Will Oldham and his band. The bartender looked at me square in the eyes and said, "Are you *CRAZY*?" But then like an hour later, I was at Will Oldham's secret show in Brooklyn, singing along to a song at the top of my lungs and the guy in front of me turned around and said, "Hey, I came to hear him sing it, not you."

So, yes, I feel you for feeling a connection to Will Oldham's songs. But also, be careful. I recommend a steady diet of Wilco and Flaming Lips.

Cant

That's cool you know him. I learned of him through Soulsavers (with Mark Lanegan) first. Never gave the Flaming Lips too much of a listen, but I like Wilco. I listen to Jesus, Etc. nonstop (spooky that it was written right before 9/11, eh?).

#434465 - 05/12/13 08:41 AM Re: My theme song [Re: Life's A Dream]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

The Flaming Lips are as upbeat and positive as Will Oldham is dark and dreary. Get a copy of The Soft Bulletin and/or Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots (or whaterver that album is called).

Love you, little brother.

Cant

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.