Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
3 registered (finallyhere, 2 invisible), 16 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63419 Topics
443375 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#434191 - 05/10/13 12:01 AM Re: The way I see it [Re: none]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Homosexual pedophile? Heterosexual pedophile? Who the F@#K cares.....a pedophile is a pedophile, PERIOD! Everyone of us knows that adults (of whatever race, gender, or orientation), having sex with children is devastating to the child. Thats all that matters.

Maybe if we put all this energy into getting these monsters put away for life, some good would come of it. But this is a pointless argument in my opinion.

Jude
But he never betrays what he thinks.
Can you see the real me, doctor?.
The Who

#434251 - 05/10/13 07:39 AM Re: The way I see it [Re: Jude]
wearytraveler Offline

Loc: xxxx
deleted

Edited by wearytraveler (11/10/13 06:53 AM)

#434257 - 05/10/13 10:48 AM Re: The way I see it [Re: none]
BuffaloCO Offline

Loc: USA
Who cares? MS does as this question is the focus of item number 2 under Myths and Facts. That item clearly implies two things. First, pedophilia is an orientation in and of itself, and second that heterosexual males are more likely to be predators then anyone else. So argue all you like that orientation is not a factor and that it does not matter, but don't then turn right around and say "well one orientation (heterosexuals) is in fact the source of most predators" according to all of the studies. Usually followed up with studies that do not support this position are flawed, skewed and phobic, which is an attempt to demonize and silence people.

Want to fight child abuse in the real world? Shine a broad light on it to figure out where and how these people operate...all of them...and work to put a stop to it. As long as that light shines on the predators then I would agree with you Jude. I'll do that by speaking in public when I'm ready about my abuse. My testimony will not be about anyone but me, what happened in general terms and how I found healing. Why? Because maybe by my speaking in public others may spot the signs of on-going abuse in a child or past abuse in an adult friend now and help them end the nightmare. That will mean what was meant for my harm has been turned into something good. Helping others get healing, how ever that works for them, means my life will not be defined in a bad way by the past.

About this thread, I feel bad for this member who's probably long gone now, because it feels like he was hounded off the site simply for venting. Maybe he could have done it better but how do we start to heal if we can't just let things out first, then take a breath and say ok what is really going on inside of me? The comments here feel like dog pile on this survivor as he's one of "those" people who has not figured it out yet, so that's acceptable. Look at the replies he received or comments that were made about him as if he were not even in the room or a living person. Invisible and didn't really matter. Comments like "Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle" said he's an idiot. Another label on a survivor. It should have been safe for him to talk here but he was mocked and few stood up with any kind of genuine compassion in the open forum anyway. One person spelling his name backwards. Really? That's like junior high school bullying and did we not get enough of that growing up?

My understanding is this is a survivor's site. There are many sites out there to promote lifestyle issues but the only thing I thought MS was promoting was healing, and raising questions to fight and stop future abuse. So, I'll wait for an attack on me now too. I can deal with that, but not through anger and hate so if that is your goal you will be wasting your time. My T has taught me it does not matter now what anyone says about me. My strength comes from a different source. I would elaborate, but some have aggressively suggested that being a person of faith is not an acceptable topic outside of the spirituality thread. I'm ok with that and if you want to know more about who I am, you can read my posts there. Quite a few people have already.

#434313 - 05/10/13 11:19 PM Re: The way I see it [Re: BuffaloCO]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: BuffaloCO
Who cares? MS does as this question is the focus of item number 2 under Myths and Facts. That item clearly implies two things. First, pedophilia is an orientation in and of itself, and second that heterosexual males are more likely to be predators then anyone else.

I think the point of item number 2 under Myths and Facts is that the common perception: that men who abuse boys are all homosexual, is false. Perhaps most male perps are heterosexual simply because there are more heterosexual men in this world, than homosexual. I dunno!

Anyway what I meant was that their orientation doesn't matter to ME. I couldn't care less whether my abuser liked to bang men or women, when he wasn't molesting boys. I only care about what he did to me, and probably other boys, and the damage that was done by that.

Jude
But he never betrays what he thinks.
Can you see the real me, doctor?.
The Who

#438679 - 06/19/13 06:52 PM Re: The way I see it [Re: none]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
So many guys put really good things out there in this thread, I don't really see what I could add, but I feel I must step up and defend myself.

I am Gay, a homosexual, a man who sleeps with men. (or in my case a MAN)

I take offense at the (incorrect) point that a "male pedophile who preys on little boys" is homosexual.

First off, it is as if you have some vested interest in calling the sexual predator a "homosexual" as if this somehow was worse than being a sexual predator of little boys.

I was abused, by my brother who went on to raise two children and was married for many years.

I was abused, by an older perp, who went on to marry and is still married.

Neither one of my perps was gay....but I was.

According to "none's definition I would be just as bad if not worse than the men who raped me.

I don't see the point. Except to say it is WRONG. So Stop.

#438702 - 06/20/13 12:38 AM Re: This site SUCKS for changing my post title [Re: none]
ScorpioBlue Offline

Loc: NYC Metro Area
Sexual orientation is so not the issue for me. A pedophile is a pedophile is a pedophile! I could not care less if a pedophile is having sex with adults of the same or opposite sex. For me it is like stating that "67% off all pedophiles drink 2%milk. " I don't care. What is the relevance? If they are molesting/sexually abusing children, they are pedophiles who are sick and should be locked away from harming any other innocent children.
To the other point, I must agree that you can't have it both ways (MS) in using political correct statistics in order not to play into some people's ignorant beliefs about homosexuality. Stating that the majority of pedophiles are heterosexuals is also harmful, misleading and untrue! You may quote me on this if you wish. "The Majority Of All Pedophiles are...100% PEDOPHILE!" Let us evolve enough to not mislead in any way. Instead let us focus our attention and energy on blaming the sexually abusive miscreants who are solely responsible for their reprehensible and vile behavior...and prosecute them and lock them up!
Pull me round
Push me to the limit
Maybe I may bend
But I know where I'm not going
I Will Not Be Broken" (Bonnie Raitt)

WoR Guest House 2013

#440791 - 07/13/13 05:06 PM Re: This site SUCKS for changing my post title [Re: none]
BuffaloCO Offline

Loc: USA
I agree ScorpioBlue. Saying orientation does not matter, then following up with btw most are Heterosexuals is equally wrong as saying most are Homosexual.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.