Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
8 registered (manipulated, ShortedDiode, Jude, focusedbody, 3 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63808 Topics
445565 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#434118 - 05/09/13 08:53 AM Re: My marriage is ending..... [Re: Kaene]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

I hesitated to wade into this discussion because I have never been able to maintain a relationship longer than a few months... but Keith's post rings true here and needs to be underscored.

If she's cheating on you and wants to move on, fine. Let her go.

But the second she attempts to blame your CSA for *her* cheating on you? Drop an A-bomb on her ass.

She has zero right to try to manipulate you into thinking this is your fault.

Cant

#434119 - 05/09/13 09:22 AM Re: My marriage is ending..... [Re: cant_remember]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

It seems some who are around survivors fail to look at their own actions in creating an environment that is not safe for the survivor. They do not want to admit their complicity in what is happening to the survivor today and look to the CSA as the culprit and not their actions or treatment of the survivor. But the survivor needs to take responsibility for healing so their actions do not continue to cause concern or pain to those around them.

Kaene I hope you have support to help you through this difficult time. It is trying for you. You and your wife have been through so much including the near loss of your daughter. Trauma does unfortunate things to the mind and one's emotions, sometimes the emotions and actions can be controlled and other times they are so overwhelming. Thank you for reaching out and as you know, everyone he supports your healing and situation.

Edited by KMCINVA (05/09/13 09:51 AM)

#434120 - 05/09/13 09:27 AM Re: My marriage is ending..... [Re: Kaene]
RN Offline

Loc: Northeast
I'm really sorry for the angst you're going through.

Have been through one separation & divorce...

I completely agree with BodyGuard. As I look back, I was MOST honest and so was she when we were in a room with a therapist. Somehow, all the big things came out...and there's some amazing factor that causes the other people in the room to really get you.

With the loss of your child and good/bad info out on the Web, your wife sounds as if she just wants massive assurance that she won't lose not only your daughter but also YOU. So she's taking preemptive action to gain reassurance that YOU won't bail out on her.

Hang In There, and go together to a therapist who she selects.

very best, RN

#434130 - 05/09/13 11:39 AM Re: My marriage is ending..... [Re: Kaene]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
Taking my toys, and heading home.

Edited by Castle (12/18/13 08:00 PM)

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#434166 - 05/09/13 07:09 PM Re: My marriage is ending..... [Re: Kaene]
Kaene Offline

Loc: Ausin, TX
Thanks for the insight guys, for the record she didn't cheat on me, and I believe her when she says it, but she's attracted to someone else and that's enough for her to doubt whether she really wants to be with me.

I was kind of ok with it last night, but now that I've had time to think about it, and the implications I'm just sick to my stomach. For years she's always been so worried about me being attracted to someone else, when I've never looked twice, and now she's the one who's heart is wandering.

This sucks. frown

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.