Newest Members
stillhere35, RKS, Albertus, Judd, LMG
12555 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
2dayistheday (34), 4LaurenAline2 (48), akn (61), barrington (65), Gideonfl (52), James Michael (57), Obi (44), tu (46), Vedder32 (34), yoga_mom (46)
Who's Online
3 registered (MYTIME, lapchinj, 1 invisible), 11 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12555 Members
73 Forums
64435 Topics
450077 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#434071 - 05/08/13 09:14 PM Many Good People
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I have been on this journey of healing for a long time--but over the past few months and after last night's support group and hearing what other said about how I spoke, I realized there are so many wonderful people in this world, but I have viewed myself as unworthy of love. I realize I have some wonderful friends who have always been there for me, and other people I thought would be there for me were not there and I gave more to these people then those who have been there for me. I realize the abuse made me want those who in ways treated me like the abuser and I would distance myself from those who put aside my fears and distrusts. At support a few said they have seen a change in how I view myself and how I know longer want acceptance from those I love. Maybe that has been my problem, looking for love like the abuser gave and being treated like the abuser treated me--false love. Now I hope the healing and as my therapist says, the integration of me continues. That is all I want is to be whole and have what I deserve.

Edited by KMCINVA (05/08/13 09:17 PM)

#434083 - 05/08/13 11:23 PM Re: Many Good People [Re: KMCINVA]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: KMCINVA
That is all I want is to be whole and have what I deserve.

Thats not too much to ask for. I hope you get all that and more brother.

Jude
Left here on my own or so it seems
I've got to leave before I start to scream
Joe Cocker

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.