Newest Members
squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous
12368 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Avyi (49), cross29min (59), Dartel (50), ernie (70), flightmedic38 (40), jggab (42), kev (66)
Who's Online
2 registered (JW1230, 1 invisible), 11 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12368 Members
74 Forums
63565 Topics
444123 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#434071 - 05/08/13 09:14 PM Many Good People
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I have been on this journey of healing for a long time--but over the past few months and after last night's support group and hearing what other said about how I spoke, I realized there are so many wonderful people in this world, but I have viewed myself as unworthy of love. I realize I have some wonderful friends who have always been there for me, and other people I thought would be there for me were not there and I gave more to these people then those who have been there for me. I realize the abuse made me want those who in ways treated me like the abuser and I would distance myself from those who put aside my fears and distrusts. At support a few said they have seen a change in how I view myself and how I know longer want acceptance from those I love. Maybe that has been my problem, looking for love like the abuser gave and being treated like the abuser treated me--false love. Now I hope the healing and as my therapist says, the integration of me continues. That is all I want is to be whole and have what I deserve.

Edited by KMCINVA (05/08/13 09:17 PM)

#434083 - 05/08/13 11:23 PM Re: Many Good People [Re: KMCINVA]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: KMCINVA
That is all I want is to be whole and have what I deserve.

Thats not too much to ask for. I hope you get all that and more brother.

Jude
But I won't back down.
Tom Petty

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.