Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
3 registered (Z0RN, 2 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63221 Topics
442083 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#434034 - 05/08/13 12:33 PM Subimission Theology and Sexual Assualt
MrFoote Offline

I need to speak with non-believers -others who reject higher power/spiritual/religious healing? I have a very specific form of sexual abuse and bullying performed by perps who use these concepts as justifications for their actions and others.
Higher power/spiritual/religious healing believers/practitioners are my perps. So I am having a hard time finding the right support. The continual violation by these perps is causing the opposite effect of health and healing. They know this and want submission. I am looking for others who are seeing/experiencing this action and feeling the negative effects of it.
If you fit this category or have something to offer other than triggering me with Higher power/spiritual/religious concepts. Then please feel free to contribute. If you disagree with me, just place me on ignore and move on. Trying to force a transformation on me is a perp behavior. Thank you.

Edited by MrFoote (05/08/13 12:42 PM)

#434036 - 05/08/13 12:52 PM Re: Subimission Theology and Sexual Assualt [Re: MrFoote]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
MrFoote,

I am a secular humanist, atheist, biologist and former science teacher. So definitely not going to be talking about God's plan or the virtue of forgiveness or whatever else you might have encountered.

Personally I've found it slightly calming to think of actions like this as part of animal behavior - some of the savagery we inherited from our primate ancestors ie infanticide, xenophobia, territoriality, and war - combined with the dark side of the superpowerful faculties for lust and imaginative creativity that came along with developing human thought. CSA is a bad thing people are able to do, based on how we've developed. The effects on the victims are psychologically predictable likewise because of how our minds have evolved. Therefore, recovery and coping mechanisms are just as available and real as the mind likewise adapted to make those possible.

It's almost like dissociation, except dissociation from the difference between humans and other animals, as opposed to dissociation from one's own individual human mind.

Was there something in particular you would like to talk about?

Matt

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#434070 - 05/08/13 09:14 PM Re: Subimission Theology and Sexual Assualt [Re: SoccerStar]
MrFoote Offline

Thank you Matt.

#434131 - 05/09/13 11:39 AM Re: Subimission Theology and Sexual Assualt [Re: MrFoote]
Candu Offline

Loc: Canada
I'm not quite certain what you are saying/asking. (my head is a bit fuzzy this morning) But God or a higher power is not even a consideration for me. If someone was to forward that as a path to healing I would thank them for their time and look elsewhere. I don't know if the CSA or something else destroyed my faith (I was brought up in a Christian household) but it no longer exist for me and I don't want it either.

Do I deny or reject the God / higher power concept? No. It just doesn't matter to me.

#434137 - 05/09/13 03:16 PM Re: Subimission Theology and Sexual Assualt [Re: MrFoote]
cosmos Offline

Loc: Puget Sound
MrFoote I also have major issues with anything “religious or spiritual”, I mean sorry, but I’m from the “show me state” and until I personally witness someone/thing changing the laws of physics it’s all just a bunch of poor ignorant people searching for answers outside of themselves; wishful thinking; hope of something else, eternal life; ya if you believe that bs I’ll get you a good deal on the Lincoln Tunnel. Sorry but the only thing more pathetic then religious followers are those that run the religion and exploit the followers; el Diablos?

As to “submission” are you kidding me? I was raised catholic but never ever had to submit to anything, anyone asking you to submit to Jesus? WTF, not in my bible, sorry, anything not in the new testament equals book of the Jews, not Christianity, nowhere have I ever read of Jesus asking anyone to submit; followers of Jesus maybe said something to that affect, but he never did. The Teachings of Jesus are the teachings of a good man, helping others to see their potential without the need for external help, god is you, it’s me, we are all gods, heck even the trees and rocks are part of this too, they are also gods, so the question here; If we are all gods how can you submit to yourself, when your submitting to those whose only interest is to exploit and harm you? I think you answered your own question.

Cee

btw in my own case it became apparent that my enablers used religion to shield themselves against my righteous indignation at them for allowing el Diablo access to me.

T. Paine

#434142 - 05/09/13 03:33 PM Re: Subimission Theology and Sexual Assualt [Re: MrFoote]
MrFoote Offline

Interesting tactics Candu and Cosmos - I kind of got the primer feeling from both of your responses. "I don't deny or reject, it just doesn't matter to me" and "my righteous indignation at them for allowing el Diablo access to me."

For me it was the fact that if you accept what you are told you are free if you stand up for yourself you are punished. And my abusers used every method to punish me. From CSA to ASA. I have to say the mental torment and pushing me to suicide is the best part they are punishing me because I acted out as a child instead of going after the person that attacked me. It really shows me how deep the "bully" problem goes. When they defend the Perp, they are also a Perp. If they don't help the Vic. They are also a perp.

#434147 - 05/09/13 04:04 PM Re: Subimission Theology and Sexual Assualt [Re: MrFoote]
cosmos Offline

Loc: Puget Sound
It’s the old adage your either part of the problem or part of the solution; you know where these people lie in your life; I know for me I’ve had to forgive their actions, not the people, evil is evil, I was filled with evil for most of my life, it took me many years to confront the source, while the enablers are pathetic people, they are not el Diablo’s, they did not abuse me like he did, they just let it happen over and over again; see its ok in my mind now, karma’s a bitch! Hate and anger are such destructive emotions, there to help us survive, they just make it so hard to overcome the abuse and all the self-hate.

Cee

btw never ever accept what others say, they could be lying, search from yourself, you have all the answers you need to overcome this, if there answers sound baseless to you, then they probably are?

edited to add: "don't listen to me either, i know nothing!"

Edited by cosmos (05/09/13 04:06 PM)

T. Paine

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.