Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dm13 (39), Jaso (34), liliana888 (43), Raju (32)
Who's Online
4 registered (TJ jeff, I Want 2 Thrive, Logan, 1 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64020 Topics
446791 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#433828 - 05/06/13 09:41 PM mightier than the sword
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
i used to work at a company that did typesetting and graphics. over the desk of one of my co-workers was a sign that was meant to warn against the dangers of careless typing and proofreading - and also intended to shock and amuse. the sign read:

THE PENIS MIGHTIER
THAN THE SWORD

i always found it disturbing - and all too true!

i don't know what made me think of that just now.
and i know - guns don't kill people - people kill people - and that could apply to this as well.

anyway...
lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#433841 - 05/06/13 11:10 PM Re: mightier than the sword [Re: traveler]
Publius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: OH
Certainly true. I for one definitely fell for the penisland (pen + island) back in college but luckily have not made any such mistake in any academic or professional paper.

#433956 - 05/07/13 10:31 PM Re: mightier than the sword [Re: traveler]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
I find it true also, Lee. I read an article on male rape not so long ago. It stated that male rape of boys and men was and is-even in the 21st century- used to break the spirit of the conquered. Many (most) societies reject the males that have been violated, thus magnifying the effects of the rape even further.

We know from sharing with one another on MS that the rape and sexual abuse of boys breaks their spirits. I just wish I could stand on the mountain top and shout it out... stop hurting the children! just stop! what are you thinking ?

The penis is mightier..... it has the ability to destroy single handedly, one boy/man at a time.

I know you probably meant that as a proofreader reminder, which it is a powerfully odd one. But I took it literally tonight. cool? cool.

#434027 - 05/08/13 10:39 AM Re: mightier than the sword [Re: traveler]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Dear Lee,

If the penis is mightier than the sword, it wouldn't have caused me so much trouble all my life!

When my kids were little they used to try to get me to "say hi to your knee". I'd comply and say "Hi knee", and they'd roar with laughter because dad said "hiney".

Jude
That's why I'm telling you
I just want to celebrate another day of livin'
Rare Earth

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.