Newest Members
thisisforJK, country_guy, ce, Lalinda, RichNewman
12601 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
deano39 (51), debsjeff (50), J.Baby (29), Pathfinder (66), phoster (50), phoster2 (50), repentantjeff (50), russ-in-milwaukee (45), russ-milwaukee (45), zadok1 (50)
Who's Online
5 registered (iaccus, robwk1988, Tryingtolive, takingitslow, 1 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12601 Members
74 Forums
64704 Topics
452214 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#433894 - 05/07/13 01:57 PM Introducing myself
Moveforward Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Hello everyone. I wanted to introduce myself and say that the MS community has been a Godsend for me. I have been in the community since March when it was recommended by a friend. Reading similar CSA experiences, following all of the valuable, supportive advice, and witnessing the great comraderie and encouragement has been a great comfort. Repeatedly, I was the victim of CSA beginning at the age of eight by two teenage boys. They manipulated me into hanging out with them and looking up to the as role models. They exposed me to things that were impossible that were impossible fo an eight year old little boy to comprehend, which continues to play havoc on me now in my 40s. It has been thirty five years later and I finally feel "liberated" from this secret that has been "haunting me." I am in therapy, disclosed my distant past and tortured present to my loving and supportive (thank God) wife of 15 years, and am eager to receive help and support for the long road to recovery head.
TC

My story ... http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=userposts&id=12601

#433897 - 05/07/13 02:56 PM Re: Introducing myself [Re: Moveforward]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Welcome MF!

Your story is both heartbreaking and hauntingly familiar, but you are in good company here. There are all kinds of men here, all ages, races, types, orientations, and backgrounds. The one common thread is we've come to face what was done to us as boys. I kept my secret for 42 years. Others here are younger men who have the courage to deal with this at an age where I was still hiding. However long its taken to arrive at this point, we support and encourage ourselves by telling our stories to other guys who "get it", without judegement.

Hope to hear more form you.

Jude
Weep not for the memories
Sarah McLachlan

#433913 - 05/07/13 05:48 PM Re: Introducing myself [Re: Moveforward]
Farmer Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
Hey TC

I am sorry for the reason that brought you here. Like Jude said your story is both heartbreaking and familiar to me. I was abused by older boys (my brothers first - then other boys). It never ceases to amaze me how a bunch of guys sharing their stories and struggles with eachother on a website like this can be so healing. So many of us have bottled this stuff up for 20, 30, 40, 50 years and it is just so freeing to be able to talk about it. I am glad you found us - it sounds like you are doing all the right things and have a great attitude.

It sounds like you have been here for a while ... take your time to look around, don't overdo it and thankyou for sharing your story. It took guts.

Lee

#433919 - 05/07/13 07:25 PM Re: Introducing myself [Re: Moveforward]
Moveforward Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Jude & Lee, I cannot thank you both enough for your wonderful words of encouragement. It truly means the world. I am humbled and feel as though I am in grat company. TC

#434092 - 05/09/13 01:29 AM Re: Introducing myself [Re: Moveforward]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
welcome ...
and congratulations on your courage to come here.

War
Love
Poetry

#434515 - 05/12/13 08:00 PM Re: Introducing myself [Re: Moveforward]
Suwanee Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
TC,

Welcome to MS. Like you, I kept a terrible secret for years before finally getting to the point where I just couldn't pretend like it never happened. I'm just a few years younger than you, so I know where you're coming from. What's more, there are scores of others here on MS of varying ages who can offer advice or just a friendly ear if you need it. It certainly helps me. Proceed at a speed you are comfortable with.

Will

I remember redwood trees, bumper cars and wolverines
The ocean's Trident submarines
Lemons, limes and tangerines
I remember this… R.E.M. 1988

Cruel Summer
My Journal

#434550 - 05/13/13 08:17 AM Re: Introducing myself [Re: Moveforward]
Mountainous Buck Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
Welcome and thanks for sharing your journey- I hope u continue opening up and moving through the past and the consequences of your abuse. Work to reclaim yourself and your life.

Addictions and compulsions can be put on ice when we find new ways of living and find support from those who have experienced recovery.

“It doesn't matter where you've come from,
It matters where you go" Frank Turner

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.