Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443353 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#433650 - 05/05/13 08:27 PM Re: Spicy food? [Re: cant_remember]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
for me it is not the desire for or toleration of spicy foods that has anything to do with the CSA. but the effects that the memories have had on my gastro-intestinal functions. when stressed - usually caused by or resulting in triggers - i feel nauseated, have lots of rumblings down there, sometimes have cramps and get the runs. it's not the type of food but the way my body reacts to the thoughts and emotions that is the problem.

lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#433668 - 05/05/13 11:27 PM Re: Spicy food? [Re: cant_remember]
Publius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: OH
Wow I have never really thought about it but yeah I am kind of the same way. I'll eat mango habanerro wings from BW3s and extreme habanerro sauce at Hot Head Burrito if I am there.

#433687 - 05/06/13 02:04 AM Re: Spicy food? [Re: cant_remember]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

The mango habanero wings at BW3's are insane hot. I order it on the side and then regret it. : )

What an interesting thread this turns into.

Cant

#433724 - 05/06/13 09:13 AM Re: Spicy food? [Re: cant_remember]
Country Offline

Loc: Alabama
I think as survivors we diagnos/overthink too many things and say or think they are caused because of our abuse.
I use to hate spicy food then I loved it later in life and developed ulcers because of it. My wife loves spice food and she was never abused.

Edited by Country (05/06/13 09:16 AM)
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#433845 - 05/06/13 11:33 PM Re: Spicy food? [Re: cant_remember]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Wow, I never would have thought to draw a connection from my childhood trauma to my penchant for extremely hot food but who knows? I can see the logic there, although I'm not sure it applies in my situation.

I can tolerate and enjoy BRUTALLY spicy food. If I go to a hot wing place and their buffalo flavors are mild, medium, hot, extra hot, nuclear and hell fire, I can normally totally do the hell fire. Although, my tolerance has seemed to have gone down of late. Also, while I enjoy the super hot shit going in, I do not like it coming out. A phenomenon I like to call "the atomic fire-ball shits" or "firerrhea". So, now I will normally just go with the "hot" on that list of flavors. Maybe the nuclear if I'm feelin' saucy. cool

#433857 - 05/07/13 07:09 AM Re: Spicy food? [Re: cant_remember]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Country,

I agree that there is not a one-to-one correlation between loving spicy food and being an abuse survivor, but this thread sure is interesting.

Falcon, you sure are brave to talk about how spicy food affects you on the toilet. I often cringe when people joke about this issue, but also for the most part, I seem to be relatively immune from this concern. Not *totally* immune, but gnerally speaking.

There's a South Park episode that covers this issue, where Cartman invents "Chipotle-Away," a cleaning product that cleans blood out of your underwear after eating too much Chipotle.

Kyle says, "Cartman, I don't understand what the big deal is. I eat Chipotle all the time, and I don't have bloody underwear."

And Cartman says, "That's great. But not everybody has a golden butthole, Kyle."

I can't believe I just typed that. Sorry if it triggers.

Cant

#433882 - 05/07/13 11:53 AM Re: Spicy food? [Re: Country]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
Country,

I agree. Everything looks like a nail when you are a hammer. I liked that kind of stuff pre CSA, but I was an odd kid who was willing to try all kinds of things.

Still, there is a little touch of something...for those of us who like really spicy food...maybe a different reaction/tolerance to that kind of sensory stimulus regardless of whether it is a natural preference or a learned one.

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#433930 - 05/07/13 08:27 PM Re: Spicy food? [Re: cant_remember]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Originally Posted By: cant_remember

There's a South Park episode that covers this issue, where Cartman invents "Chipotle-Away," a cleaning product that cleans blood out of your underwear after eating too much Chipotle.

Kyle says, "Cartman, I don't understand what the big deal is. I eat Chipotle all the time, and I don't have bloody underwear."

And Cartman says, "That's great. But not everybody has a golden butthole, Kyle."

I can't believe I just typed that. Sorry if it triggers.

That does trigger. It triggers laughter because South Park is the greatest show in the history of EVER! That was a good episode. It was the same one with all the dead celebrities where the spirit of Micheal Jackson possesses Ike at the end. Then, all the celebrities wind up in Hell because everyone who dies in South Park goes to hell except for Mormons. LOL! laugh

Did you know that the idiots who run Chipolte actually released a statement after that episode aired, officially disputing that Chipolte has ever caused anyone bloody diarrhea? Just another piece of evidence that corporate America is run by a bunch of assholes with no sense of humor what-so-ever. I'm almost surprised they didn't sue Trey Parker and Matt Stone for it.

Sorry, I don't want to hijack this thread and turn it into a South Park thread. I'll start a South Park thread in Off Topic soon.

#433933 - 05/07/13 08:43 PM Re: Spicy food? [Re: BraveFalcon]
Life's A Dream Offline

Loc: Bouvet Island
Originally Posted By: BraveFalcon

Wow, I never would have thought to draw a connection from my childhood trauma to my penchant for extremely hot food but who knows? I can see the logic there, although I'm not sure it applies in my situation.

I can tolerate and enjoy BRUTALLY spicy food. If I go to a hot wing place and their buffalo flavors are mild, medium, hot, extra hot, nuclear and hell fire, I can normally totally do the hell fire. Although, my tolerance has seemed to have gone down of late. Also, while I enjoy the super hot shit going in, I do not like it coming out. A phenomenon I like to call "the atomic fire-ball shits" or "firerrhea". So, now I will normally just go with the "hot" on that list of flavors. Maybe the nuclear if I'm feelin' saucy. cool

Sounds like you're describing Buffalo Wild Wings. I used to work there. Their hottest sauce is called "Blazin'" and I just remember when I would rinse the buckets (the ones we'd spin the wings around in to get the sauce all over them) and I'd rinse the Blazin' bucket, just the vapor from spraying water on it would burn my eyes, and if I got it on my skin for even a few seconds, it would form welts. For all practical purposes it shouldn't even be considered a food. Nobody ordered it, unless they were doing the "Blazin' Challenge" where you had to eat 6 wings on a time limit, and you'd win a T-Shirt.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.