Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closerthenveins (26), Nvolpicelli (24), Sven (19)
Who's Online
4 registered (royjay, 3 invisible), 52 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63116 Topics
441391 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#433391 - 05/03/13 12:25 PM Gay Rage
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/27/14 02:53 PM)

#433405 - 05/03/13 02:06 PM Re: Gay Rage [Re: bodyguard8367]
newground Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: michigan
hey Geoff
dude you have every right to be angry at the treatment you received from your family. it was their duty to protect you and they failed miserably, and then cast you out to try to make sense out of a world they had in no way prepared you for. that being said, you also have the right to be free from that pain and anger to heal and become the strong healthy individual that you are working on man. you have the right to be proud of what you have accomplished and continue to accomplish. you are a great man! no matter who affirms it or attempts to destroy it. that is who you are. I hope as you continue to work you find great peace in that fact
Jeff
Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!"
Herman Melville

#433406 - 05/03/13 02:34 PM Re: Gay Rage [Re: bodyguard8367]
1lifenow Offline

Loc: west coast
Man.
That is the unadulterated truth!

The gay is irrelevant , it's just who we are.

We can only accept it and embrace ourselves. Time and compassion for those that can't or won't see it is all we can offer. They will either 'get it' or live in eternal ignorance. But that's their journey. We just have to live our lives the way we must.

GAY agenda ? hell ya . To be treated and respected exactly as anyone else. Not a jot more or a tittle less. : )

I am as unreligious as one can possibly be but I like this quote from Matt 5:18
(Not one jot or tittle {iota} will pass until all is fulfilled beyoch! ) ok I added the last word but who hasn't messed with The Word to suite their own agenda. ; )

Big hugs Geoff

WoR Barrie 2011

#434066 - 05/08/13 06:45 PM Re: Gay Rage [Re: bodyguard8367]
David Mac Offline

Loc: Pacific North West
Hey guys,

As a result of childhood sexual abuse issues I felt anxious towards adult men. In my junior high years I took personally derragatory remarks about gays and became anxious towards my peers.

And so Geoff, I too get tired of the caustic comments regarding gays from peers and co-workers.

I joined sexaholics anonymous and now I speak freely about sexual attraction and struggles with lust. I am usually the only gay male in the room or the only gay who shares frankly and directly. I wish there were more gay guys in the rooms, but I love speaking from the heart without anxiety. For the first time in my life that I can remember, I am at ease with others.

While bigotry towards gays is hurtful, it does not cause me to isolate in fear like it used to.

Mac

#434080 - 05/08/13 11:04 PM Re: Gay Rage [Re: bodyguard8367]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
(deleted...got too far off topic)

#434087 - 05/08/13 11:49 PM Re: Gay Rage [Re: bodyguard8367]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Hey, mind if a (mostly) straight guy weighs in?

Given your family's history of perpatrating all kinds of abuse on you and/or being complicit in others abusing you, and their homophobia, you are losing nothing by having them out of your life. They don't deserve you, and you don't deserve any more of their crap.

I wish I could apologize for the way the "straight world" has treated gay men, but I can only make my own apology for things I've said and done in the past that disrespected gay men. In an odd way, boyhood CSA has brought us together in ways that may never have happened otherwise, and I'm glad to have you (gay) guys in my life.

Jude
....it's life's illusions I recall, I really don't know life at all. "
Joni Mitchell

#434112 - 05/09/13 04:42 AM Re: Gay Rage [Re: bodyguard8367]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Geoff,

I wish there were words to ease the pain in your post, but I cannot find any words that begin to address the inhumane treatment you described.

I served several years as a minister of music at evangelical churches. The primary reason I left that vocation was because of the progressively cruel and appallingly hate-filled behavior they perpetrated against anyone not fitting within their groupthink mindset.

The last straw was when I was asked to bring my choir and provide music at a funeral for a parishioner's brother who had died. I did not know the young man. When the minister asked everyone to bow their heads for the dismissal prayer at the end of the funeral, a young woman in the back pew interrupted and helped a frail skeletal-looking man to his feet. She announced that this was her brother, the surviving life partner of 17 years to the deceased young man. The pastor proceeded as if she didn't exist. No one spoke to them on the way out or at the graveside.

I was shocked that no one could even offer this human being any gesture of sympathy, so I met the woman and the frail man as they got into their car. That's when I learned that the two men had AIDS and my church had separated these two life partners so that each would die separated from each other....in order to "save them from each other."

Even though it was a small church of 300 people, it had 5 families that boasted about disowning their homosexual children. They were hailed as heroic role models in the church.

The funeral event and the statement from the pulpit the following Sunday that "no one can be a Democrat and call themselves Christian" were the final factors giving impetus to my resignation.

How does one apologize for so many ignorant assholes in the world? I had no idea that my church community of "sweet old ladies" and "good-natured" church leaders were behaving so inhumanely. I volunteered at an AIDS assistance organization for a few years afterward as penance.

I am so sorry that the whole world has not evolved. They know how to blow up the world but they don't know how to live and let live in peace.

#434144 - 05/09/13 03:41 PM Re: Gay Rage [Re: bodyguard8367]
JayBro Offline

Loc: Germany
Reading these posts in this thread have been quite powerful and moving

#434150 - 05/09/13 04:27 PM Re: Gay Rage [Re: bodyguard8367]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/27/14 02:54 PM)

#434180 - 05/09/13 10:15 PM Re: Gay Rage [Re: bodyguard8367]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

{{{Geoff}}}

Originally Posted By: Geoff
I have felt for years as if the discriminations against other gays and myself were personal. I take it very personally.

I have taken it personally as well - because it IS personal. But I suspect it is just as personal with those who are the loudest discriminators. What I have discovered is that those voices often reflect deeply conflicted feelings about their own identities. Do you find that as well?

Click my pic to see why I'm here

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.