Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyrus (44), Dupe1978 (36), James_Is_Talking (36), K-man (58), LordShiningStarr (36), ricky (51), Shawn Hope (29), teresa (42), Warner82 (32)
Who's Online
2 registered (JW1230, CheerfulJohn), 12 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63998 Topics
446696 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#429844 - 04/02/13 03:40 PM Hello from Jim
@JJ Offline

A nice woman told me I could further my journey (of coming back all the way and finding my true self) if I utilized this site.

I was molested when I was just 6yrs old at the foot of my favorite tree by one of my Dad's better friends. I trusted him to help me, but he knew not to threaten me and I didn't know what was happening was wrong anyway.

When I was about 28yo I remembered my abuse, but I had been dealing with the after-affects from my youngest days. I've had a lot of great therapy and thought I was over this. I'm not, though. I'd appreciate all your help.

JJ

#429927 - 04/03/13 09:24 AM Re: Hello from Jim [Re: @JJ]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Welcome Jim!

Your friend was right, this is a place that can help further your journey of recovery and healing. I'm so sorry for what happened to you. But the best thing you can do for yourself is talk about it. Every time you do, a little of the shame is chipped away.

You among a large group of guys who understand your feelings and experiences. Who won't judge you or doubt you. We will be here for you when it gets rough, and will cheer you on when you are making progress.

Good luck, and I hope to hear more from you.

Jude
That's why I'm telling you
I just want to celebrate another day of livin'
Rare Earth

#433239 - 05/02/13 02:34 AM Re: Hello from Jim [Re: @JJ]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Hey, JJ,

You're among others who understand. We've taken some hard knocks too and we're walking alongside you on this road.

The levels of healing seem to come in cycles, so it may seem like you're having a setback when it's really a leap to the next level of quality living.

Feel free to join the discussions in threads or in chat rooms.
Welcome,
Keith

#433247 - 05/02/13 05:06 AM Re: Hello from Jim [Re: @JJ]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
sincere welcome, jim.

may you find what you seek here.

i have made some incredible discoveries and breakthroughs on this website.

i get more insight from this forum than i do from all my therapists combined.
although, i believe i needed the therapy to understand what i read here properly, and to put it into personal context.

please heed the TRIGGER WARNINGS on the days you are feeling vulnerable.

i recommend you start where i started...
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=282443&an=1#Post282443
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=423271&an=1#Post423271

War
Love
Poetry

#433302 - 05/02/13 03:07 PM Re: Hello from Jim [Re: @JJ]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 11:17 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.