Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63772 Topics
445342 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#433075 - 04/30/13 06:00 PM I Finally Stopped Being Stubborn...
Nathan Offline

Loc: Hampton Roads, VA
Hey guys, this is my first time back to the Forums in nearly a month (right after I first admitted my abuse). Four weeks ago I felt very empowered by the support of my parents and my ex-girlfriend and by the encouragement and understanding of the members on this site.

Well, in typical Nate fashion I was all-in in terms of my recovery for about two weeks. Then I kind of tricked myself into thinking "I Got This!". And I didn't have a damn thing.

Long story short, this past weekend I hit rock bottom and took a handful of pills and chugged 9 beers and went to sleep not caring if I woke up. Fortunately I did wake up and I've spent the past two days getting really real with myself and with the people I care about. And once I started I just couldn't stop.

I apologized and made amends with my ex, told my sister about not only my abuse but about the stupid thing I did on Saturday night. Then I went on my podcast and shared what I'd been going through. And then I started a blog as a place where I could keep account of my feelings and to tell my story. Then I scheduled an appointment with a therapist (something I'd been saying I was going to do for weeks).

I don't really feel good right now. But I don't feel bad either. I just kind of feel ok. And I think I finally learned that it's alright to just be ok.

The Road Less Traveled: My Adventures In Authenticity.

#433080 - 04/30/13 06:40 PM Re: I Finally Stopped Being Stubborn... [Re: Nathan]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 11:16 PM)

#433082 - 04/30/13 06:59 PM Re: I Finally Stopped Being Stubborn... [Re: Nathan]
Nathan Offline

Loc: Hampton Roads, VA
Thanks for your support, Geoff.

It's a scary road, but I think I'm at the place where my fear of the truth is less than my desire to not get trapped back in that place that I was in a few days ago.

#444045 - 08/11/13 06:45 PM Re: I Finally Stopped Being Stubborn... [Re: Nathan]
blacken Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern Ohio
I don't expect the OP (Nathan) to ever see this, yet I felt the link deserves a response.
I am SO impressed that you made the Public statement that u did on April 30, 2013. Maybe if I figure out how to respond to ur blog, I will.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.