Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
5 registered (JACKL, ninjasm, petercorbett, Jay1159, 1 invisible), 31 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64168 Topics
447785 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#432665 - 04/27/13 07:23 PM disturbing image/thought
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
i found this while looking for something else in an image search:

the poster is actually intended to make people think more about pregnancy in young girls and make them more shocked by showing an image that is not right.

but it got me thinking - i wonder if people would be more concerned about sekual abuse of males if there was the possibility of boys becoming pregnant. maybe the fact that there is not a potential visible and living consequence to rape of males means that most people dont consider it as serious?

thoughts?
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#432673 - 04/27/13 10:11 PM Re: disturbing image/thought [Re: traveler]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
It's an effective thought and would influence some people.

In a recent post about a famous "perp" in England, he was quoted as saying that boys are more fun than girls sick eek

Puffer

#432677 - 04/27/13 10:29 PM Re: disturbing image/thought [Re: traveler]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
in my town, there are many government, church, public and private resources for FEMALE victims, and only ONE service for MALE survivors.
that one office is supposed to service an area with a population of about 2 million people.
It is NOT free. there is quite a waiting list.

i was told point blank that men are NOT welcome at any of the female group therapy sessions because the abusers were all male and it would be difficult, if not impossible, for women to feel safe enough to speak freely with a man in the room.

very few resources have been allocated to male survivors.

i did find ONE therapy group for men, but it was only available by court order to men who had been convicted of sexual offences, were at risk to reoffend, and were themselves victims of CSA.

i tried to enroll but...
of course, it was overbooked, and i did not qualify, since i was not a criminal.

i guess we men are just supposed to tough it out.
that is what i had to do mostly.

no wonder so many of the abused males become male abusers.
i would wager that a significant majority of male survivors NEVER reveal their hidden history.

can you win the game, if you don't know the rules?
can you make repairs, if you don't have the tools?

War
Love
Poetry

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.