Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
4 registered (BraveFalcon, Obi, peroperic2009, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63649 Topics
444526 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#436982 - 06/05/13 05:12 PM metal toy cars [Re: Farmer Boy]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada

to my shame, i shoplifted or stole dozens of these cars as a child.
it was a bad combination of poverty and greed.
this went on for a few years.
i had to have every single one.
but these are the ones i never forgot.
my absolute favourites.

RED BARON

HOT SEAT

WHIP CREAMER

SPLITTIN IMAGE

TWIN MILL

to my shame, i tried to custom paint my hot wheels with model paint.
it looked terrible so i soaked them in paint thinner.
the plastic hot-wheels dissolved and disintegrated.
needless to say the cars were ruined.

War
Love
Poetry

#436983 - 06/05/13 05:17 PM Re: metal toy cars [Re: victor-victim]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
i also had a few NOT HOT WHEEL cars that were my pride and joy.

JAGUAR E-TYPE

JAGUAR E-TYPE is still my favourite "real" car of all time.
and one day, i might own one.
(not likely but a guy can dream)

007's ASTON MARTIN

GREEN HORNET's BLACK BEAUTY

and last but not least!!

the best imaginary vehicle that never was.

THE original BATMOBILE

i STILL have the batmobile.
it is the only car that has not been lost or destroyed.

War
Love
Poetry

#457517 - 12/27/13 11:22 PM Re: Favourite Toys - good childhood memories [Re: Farmer Boy]
Sven Offline

Definitely lego. And later on books, thank god for free membership of the librairy under 18 years.
Into souls on the tree of pain
From the firefly a red orange glow
See the face of fear
Running scared in the valley below
~ Bullet The Blue Sky - U2

#457520 - 12/28/13 12:47 AM Re: Favourite Toys - good childhood memories [Re: Farmer Boy]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Right you are, Sven!

I had read all the Hardy Boys mysteries by the time I was 13 - also most of Twain's, Stevenson's, and Dickens 's major classics. Then I discovered Lewis, Tolkein, and Bradbury. I could go on and on...

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#457521 - 12/28/13 02:25 AM Re: Favourite Toys - good childhood memories [Re: Farmer Boy]
tbkkfile Offline

Loc: Surrey, United Kingdom
Hey Victor, the 007 Aston Martin brought back so many memories, it's in my loft somewhere, although sadly James Bond was lost many years ago, that ejector seat was used one too many times and he dissapeared never to be seen again.
Go back?" he thought. "No good at all! Go sideways? Impossible! Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go!" So up he got, and trotted along with his little sword held in front of him and one hand feeling the wall, and his heart all of a patter and a pitter

J.R.R.Tolkien, The Hobbit

#457529 - 12/28/13 08:36 AM Re: Favourite Toys - good childhood memories [Re: Farmer Boy]
George Offline

Loc: NY metro
My best Christmas present & surprise was in 8th grade/1980. A few of the "rich kids" had Atari and they would talk about all their games and forming an Atari club, etc... They would often talk smugly about their Atari.

Me being one of the poorer kids wanted an Atari Game of my own so bad I could taste it. My brother & I let it be known early & often that, that's all we'd want, a combo gift between us of Atari. My father being just a city garbage man wasn't exactly rolling in dough, so it would be a stretch. At one point my Stepmom got so tired of hearing about this need of Atari pretty close to Christmas, so she told us, "look your not getting an Atari game, Sorry, we just can't do it"... I was visibly crushed, as she told me later.

Christmas morning opening up our typical gifts we weren't too enthused till one last gift that we got to open together, it was INTELLEVISION! the brand new, way better than Atari game system. We were both shocked, the picture taken of us opening it is a great memory trigger for me.

Oh man we played the piss out of that game. Back in school after the Christmas break, the rich Atari kids were once again going on about their new game cartridges, when one asked me "did you get anything good"... I said, "yeah I got Intellevision". with that you could hear the wind blow out of their collective sales as their jaws dropped. It was priceless.

I was just retelling that story to my wife yesterday, she then says, "I guess that was a moment for you?". I said, "yup, 33 years later and it hasn't faded".

Funny thing is, my Father gave out three Intellevision games that Christmas! They must've "fallen off a truck"... Thanks Dad!

My wife just got me the new retro Atari this Christmas that has the 75 games built in it, We're all having a good time with it.

I also remember playing with my friends girder & panel set, we killed many hours & days building buildings & playing with our Matchbox / Hot Wheels cars.

I didn't like the fake cars, I liked the ones made like the real cars. My favorite one was a birthday gift from my friend, it was a Cadillac Sedan Deville. It's the Italian in me my Father used to say grin.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.