Newest Members
hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt, feartheroo, Xzander32244
12130 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ACLover94 (50), Henry (40), james 1959 (55), Johnny90 (24), poliwog (44), Starbuck (38)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 68 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12130 Members
73 Forums
62552 Topics
438308 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#439905 - 07/03/13 11:46 AM Re: movies: TRIGGER WARNING [Re: victor-victim]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
It may have already been mentioned, but "Kids" (1995) was very, very disturbing to me. Uncontrolled children, violence, underage sex, HIV.

I saw it in the theater with a couple of friends when it came out. The film made me physically ill. I walked out to the lobby for a few minutes during one scene, but went back and managed to finish it, but damn..it put me in a funk that lasted a week.

Will

My Story: Cruel Summer

#439914 - 07/03/13 01:57 PM Re: movies: TRIGGER WARNING [Re: victor-victim]
DavoSwim Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Iowa, USA
I saw "Kids" on HBO or Cinemax, and I couldn't take it. I had to switch the channel. What really bothers me is that when the movie was released, critics raved about it. It was described as being "real" and that if you didn't like it or if you objected to it, you somehow didn't get it. The enlightened people understood the film and were therefore superior to the rest of us.

All it did was exploit the actors in the film, but more so, it insulted and damaged real CSA survivors.

DavO

#440065 - 07/04/13 04:33 PM Re: movies: TRIGGER WARNING [Re: DavoSwim]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
Dave,

I see you feel the same way. The friends who watched it with me thought it was a tough film, but couldn't understand why it messed me up the way it did. Messed me up it did. I couldn't get it out of my head. I really was in a dark place for days afterward. Exploitative is right---the actors and THIS member of the audience for sure.

No redeeming value.

Just thinking about it gives me a terrible feeling. Even if I hear anything from the soundtrack, I get uneasy.

My Story: Cruel Summer

#457700 - 12/31/13 04:38 PM Re: movies: TRIGGER WARNING [Re: Suwanee]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Since my post in this thread, I watched Clockwork Orange.

It is pretty provocative. The idea is that the "girls" are mind-controlled sex slaves.

But since watching it I find that some people say that it actually goes on in real life. Orange is supposed to by a symbolic color of Illuminati sex control or something like that. But I hate to give up the color orange to the enemy, since I happen to like orange.

#457705 - 12/31/13 05:12 PM Re: movies: TRIGGER WARNING [Re: pufferfish]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
I watched the movie "Clockwork Orange" not long ago, and it seemed weirdly dated and unrealistic. Why? It's set amongst the teens of the "near future" (as imagined in the 1960's), and... there were NO SCREENS ANYWHERE! No social media, smartphones, computers... none of the tech toys that have engulfed our society.

A much better Malcolm McDowell fantasy movie is "O Lucky Man," the surreal adventures of an English coffee salesman. Honest.

John

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.